Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4415

Subject: "I'd like to start a new trend - looking for feedback..." Previous topic | Next topic
ksmusselmanTue Jun-29-10 03:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I'd like to start a new trend - looking for feedback..."

Trends and traditions have to start somewhere, right? So here's my idea, what I'd like to do with my wedding bookmarks - I really want to set a new trend; I'd like to have bookmarks be a standard part of wedding stationary and accessories much like ceremony programs and wedding favors in general, whereas you absolutely must have a bookmark inside of a ceremony program like you would have RSVP cards with invitations.

And if it boosts other people's bookmarks businesses, no problem. There's enough room for all of us. But new trends and traditions have to start somewhere and I'd like to be at the forefront of the wedding bookmarks because I don't think anyone really pushes their bookmarks too much. But that's what I'd like to do; if you're having ceremony programs, you really need to have bookmarks to go with them.

I'm actually taking my bookmarks business "on the road" by way of craft fairs and eventually bridal shows. I have 3-ring binders at a couple of local bridal salons and beauty salons too. In fact, less than a week after one of my binders was dropped off I got an order from it.

So aside from heavy marketing on Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace, directory listings, article marketing and offline marketing, if anyone has any other ideas on how to go about starting this new trend, I'd be happy to hear about it! Or am I way off base here?? LOL

Thanks!

Karen S Musselman
www.Wedding-Favor-Bookmarks.com
www.Low-Budget-Fairy-Tale-Weddings.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4415 Previous topic | Next topic