Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4310

Subject: "Does anyone do vendor sales to offices/hospitals, etc.?" Previous topic | Next topic
KaisermustThu Apr-29-10 06:39 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Does anyone do vendor sales to offices/hospitals, etc.?"

Hi. Having been laid off for over a year with no job prospects in sight, I'm now thinking of starting my own business. I would like to talk to and exchange ideas with anyone who does "vendor sales" , i.e. candles, T-shirts, jewelry, etc. to offices, hospitals, etc. I am thinking of selling giftware items via vendor sales (whereby you go to a company's cafeteria for the day, set up and sell your items to employees). I volunteer at two hospitals that have several "vendor sales" throughout the year and it seems like it could be a good circuit to hook up to. Just wondering if anyone else has this type of business, what you sell, how lucrative is it and do you couple these weekday sales with craft/festival show sales on the weekends? Public or private email messages would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Deb, Upstate NY. Kaisermust@aol.com

Kaisermust, Upstate NY

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Does anyone do vendor sales to offices/hospitals, etc.?
May 04th 2010
RE: Does anyone do vendor sales to offices/hospitals, etc.?
May 04th 2010

PepperfireTue May-04-10 04:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Does anyone do vendor sales to offices/hospitals, etc.?"
In response to Reply # 0

I, for one, have never heard of such a thing, but I have attended "Trunk Sales", parties to present certain product lines, etc. So, it is a viable, if not lucrative concept.

I think that the better your product line, the more success you can have.

I suggest putting together a business plan so you know exactly how you're going to do it, but it sounds like a great way to create a home business, so to speak.

Good luck.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

DBeaversTue May-04-10 07:19 PM

#2. "RE: Does anyone do vendor sales to offices/hospitals, etc.?"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue May-04-10 07:31 PM by DBeavers

I sell to a number of hospitals, along with many, many other businesses, but not the way you are considering.

I sell promotional advertising, custom imprinted t-shirts, ink pens, calendars, pill boxes, decals, folders, tote bags, beach towels, jar grippers, and more, with the hospital's name, logo, and contact info on the various items.

Instead of selling one or two items to an individual, I sell 24 to 1000 pieces at a time.

And my clients include a Motorola FM Communications Sales and Service Center, 4 different credit unions, a number of insurance agents, tire stores, auto mechanics, Red Wing Shoe stores, veterinarians, financial advisors, a radio station, chemical refinery, food wholesaler, vo-tech school, tax preparers, CPA firms, an engineering firm, furniture store, quick lube shop, and many others.

Almost any business is a prospective clients, regardless of their industry. If you have a background in health care, your income potential could be much better selling to the hospital, rather than individuals in the vendor business you mentioned.

Good luck in finding the right opportunity.

Dennis

Dennis Bevers
BASSCO, Inc.
Full-time, home-based, self-empolyed since 1987.
Dealers needed-US residents only!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4310 Previous topic | Next topic