Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4061

Subject: "Sime ?s" Previous topic | Next topic
RobertaMon Nov-23-09 11:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Sime ?s"

Hello to all
I'm not new here but its been awhile since I've post anything.
I would like to start a business but the way I want it set up is as a fundraising based organization for my church. My church is small and not alot of members and need alot of work on our building. I do personalized candy wrappers and mint books for business or organization. I would like to know what legal documents would I need to do this? I also do homemade chocolate candy and since its fundraising and I work from home do I have to have a special kitchen? Most of my wrappers are for children and weddings, how do I advertise to event and wedding planners? I also do baby newspapers, birthday newspapers grad newpaper and I want to advertises to hospitals for new mothers, children parties, and schools. I do color me and thank you mom for teaching me tshirts. The color me tshirts I wanted to donate to children hospitals and cancer centers. Lasts I have websets that I got permission to use for my business website but I don't know what I need to be able to do this.
Thank you for all the help that you can give me
Roberta

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Sime ?s
Nov 24th 2009
RE: Sime ?s
Nov 24th 2009

annalaurabrownTue Nov-24-09 03:49 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Sime ?s"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Roberta,

To do the fundraising you do not need any legal documents other than a copy of their non-profit certificate for filing taxes so that you are not reliable for paying sales tax, which you also need a state sales tax id if you do not already have one. I do fundraising all the time as a part of my business and so that is how I know this.

If you are selling candy at all to the public then yes you are supposed to have a special kitchen as well as licensicing to do this. This applies to all at home cooking.

Advertising to event and wedding planners can be done by stopping by their places of business or via business networking groups.

The same thing for the other places, you will need to either call them, go in person or network at meetings or with people you know who can get you in the door.

As far as the business websets go, please be more specific. I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Do you already have a domain name and hosting? or do you still need those too?

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

RobertaTue Nov-24-09 07:23 AM

#2. "RE: Sime ?s"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you so much for your help.
1. As for the non-profit certificate my church has not paid the fees for this so I won't be able to do that, is there another way?
2. What I don't understand about the kitchen is when a school has a bake sale or fundraising how are you able to use your kitchen for that?
3. I also will be doing bath & body stuff for spas do I beed that type of kitchen for that?
4. Will I need insurance for any of this.
As far as advertising goes I'm disable and not able to really go into the places myself. My daughter has been doing that for me. I do samples with their logo on it with my intro and sales letter and she takes it to their adverstise department and leave it with the receptionist. I only sent out samples to a bank and they really like it and order 250 peice for a dinner but since I didn't have an account with them they didn't work with me.

The websets you use them as templetes for your homepage and your other pages. Right now I don't have a domain or webhost my money is tight so I would need something cheat and since its more than candy wrappers I would need more than one site. Are there webhost that do that?
Thank you
Roberta

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4061 Previous topic | Next topic