Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3462

Subject: "thinking about selling jewlery" Previous topic | Next topic
micgre1979Wed Mar-25-09 03:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"thinking about selling jewlery"

so, i really enjoy making jewlery. i am thinking about making and selling it now. anyone have any idea if this would fly? i mean, how many people do you think really BUY jewlery???

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: thinking about selling jewlery
Mar 02nd 2009
RE: thinking about selling jewlery
Mar 04th 2009

PepperfireMon Mar-02-09 05:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: thinking about selling jewlery"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

I believe that if you are selling your jewellery at craft fairs and shows where people are specifically looking for such things AND you have a bit of talent or something really unique or funky that will interest people AND you are not on display with a lot of competition that makes you disappear into the background, then yes, most certainly it can fly.

Jewellery is a personal thing for me, I like to wear it regularly. I wear a different necklace every day and wear rings and bracelets. I've met lots of people like that. Many are more discrete than I with their jewellery, many are flashier. But the one thing they all have in common is that their jewellery is often a reflection of their personal taste, so they will look for pieces that make them feel something about themselves.

People who are shopping for gifts for others are great targets too, in those cases, people would be looking for something memorable that will make their gift recipient think of them when they wear it. Or at least that is what I have in mind when I'm looking at jewellery as a gift.

I sell our products at high end craft fairs where out of 800 booths, 20 percent will be a variety of jewellery crafters varying from costume jewellery to high end pieces with precious stones. The jewellers do very well.

I can't help you specifically with "jewellery" as anything more than a purchaser, but if you want to ask questions about setting up a booth at such fairs, feel free to ask. I've been doing this for many years now and have some great insights.

Tina Brooks.

KimmydWed Mar-04-09 04:24 AM

#2. "RE: thinking about selling jewlery"
In response to Reply # 0

I think selling jewlery is a good idea. I've been thinking about selling Lia Sophia jewlery to make some extra money. Maybe you can make a few pieces to show and put together a catalog. This way you can do jewlery parties with your friends. They can pass on the catalogs to people they work with, friends, family etc. They may know someone who might want to host a party themselves. You can look at the Lia Sophia website and get some ideas on how their parties work. LiaSpohia.com Good Luck!
KIM

Kimberly D.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3462 Previous topic | Next topic