Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3328

Subject: "Dont know what business to start............." Previous topic | Next topic
kwhytusSun Jan-04-09 01:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Dont know what business to start............."

I am a single 45 yr old African American with no kids or dependents. I am looking to start a business but can not seem to come up with an idea of something interesting. I love listening to music, reading, watching movies but how can I have a business that incorporates the those things I enjoy.

If you have any ideas for me please let me know.

K. Whytus

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Dont know what business to start.............
Jan 05th 2009
Jan 17th 2009
Jan 26th 2009
Jan 30th 2009
Jan 30th 2009
Jan 31st 2009
Jan 31st 2009

earningcentsMon Jan-05-09 02:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Dont know what business to start............."
In response to Reply # 0

Sound like you need a date!

Check this lady out, she set up a website just to find a husband in 52 weeks. I saw te lady on good morning america, so she is also promoting it like crazy.

http://52weeks2findhim.com

I think when someone is motivated enough and they want something enough there s nothing that will stop them.

If you enjoy reading its hard to get paid for it but you could start something like amazon.com which as you know is very big. But they started small and sold books.

Maybe you can sell books online. I think amazon.com also lets you run a store to sell your books. That might be something to explore.

Texell - RusSat Jan-17-09 07:52 PM

#2. "RE: Dont know what business to start............."
In response to Reply # 0

Hello! Business - its only creative and movement!!!
When i have start my business in Russia i work 12-14 ours in "feeld"
I had about 10-14 meet with potential customers of my product.
try think in MLM way!!! In that bad economic situation only it way will be have grow, only.
Now in Russia i have business of massage chairs and i have sales through it way! Yes! Realy!And i have result more and more!!!
You can find out information about other companes which go on market only it way and take it way for yourself. Its realy right way for different products in that situation.

Good luck to you!!

InknmoreMon Jan-26-09 11:49 AM

#3. "RE: Dont know what business to start............."
In response to Reply # 0

I think you need to look deeper at your interests. Like, what type of movies do you like watching.....what about those type of movies do you like. Do the same thing with your other interests. You need to narrow it down some.
Why do you want to start a business?

What do you look forward to doing?

dyhFri Jan-30-09 01:17 PM

#4. "RE: Dont know what business to start............."
In response to Reply # 0

Capitalize on the African American or single market. Write movie reviews of African American movies and publish a newsletter.
Start a dating club for African American women with a twist such as
never marrieds
plus size women
Men who like to date plus size women
Black Catholics
Single African American book club/dating club

jkundertFri Jan-30-09 05:45 PM

#5. "RE: Dont know what business to start............."
In response to Reply # 0

find something that you enjoy, that is why i started my coaching business is because i like helping people. most of the comments you have read her are correct, you could incorporate a few of them, if you like reading and watching movies, I would start a site where you do book reviews on new books that come out, and then try to find out how you can get ahold of the book and sell it from your site, do the same with movies. do you have any capital to start with? take a look at my site and let me know if i can help.

Joshua Kundert
Joshua Kundert consulting
http://joshkundertconsulting.com
josh@joshkundertconsulting.com
866-584-6508

mfmarsphotoSat Jan-31-09 02:42 PM

#6. "RE: Dont know what business to start............."
In response to Reply # 0

So you enjoy music, books and movies... What about a lounge... You could have local bands come in and play live music. You could have book readings and signings. Make it a place that people can come and enjoy the relaxation of reading those books and listening to good music.

You could provide beverages and simple foods for sale. You could provide a wireless hot spot allowing people to access the internet for a fee. What if you showcased a local band every weekend and charged cover...

Something to think about

j18bravoSat Jan-31-09 03:18 PM

#7. "RE: Dont know what business to start............."
In response to Reply # 0

There are lots of options out there some are a lot more work that others and some just take more money than you make. I have been working from home for several months and I love working from home and making money while I sleep or driving to the store. If you want a business that you can do anywhere in the world as long as you have internet connection and you would like a global business that can and will expand all over the world in no time. Then follow this link and get some free information and see if this is for you. I know that I have found what I am looking for. Have a great day! Get the free information and watch a short video and change your life for the better. http://www.trafficwave.net/lcp/jayneal/gdibusiness/6809

Jay

Jay Neal
PO Box 247
Nags Head, NC 27959
USA
You want to make money? Go here
http://www.trafficwave.net/lcp/jayneal/gdibusiness/6809

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3328 Previous topic | Next topic