Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3281

Subject: "Nap rooms anyone?" Previous topic | Next topic
bizdreamerSun Dec-21-08 04:08 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Nap rooms anyone?"

Hey everyone! I just wanted to know people's opinions on the future of nap rooms? Its a business I'm looking to get into. Thanks!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Nap rooms anyone?
Dec 23rd 2008
Dec 23rd 2008
Dec 24th 2008
Dec 25th 2008
Dec 25th 2008
Dec 29th 2008
Dec 29th 2008
Dec 30th 2008

hostingdivaTue Dec-23-08 09:50 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Nap rooms anyone?"
In response to Reply # 0

Would love to give you feedback but what's a nap room? A sleeping room for kids? Maybe that answers your question.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

bizdreamerTue Dec-23-08 10:19 AM

#2. "RE: Nap rooms anyone?"
In response to Reply # 1

Ok sure! Thanks for asking. :-) A nap room, also known as a "relaxation room" or "sleep room" is a trend that major corporations, airports, and universities are taking part in. Businesses such as Nike have these rooms for their employees to go and take naps during their breaks (they feel as if the naps will increase productivity), and colleges have them for their students who want to catch some shut-eye in between classes. One man is working to create a nap room in the Mall of America where each of the rooms has a unique theme (He charges about 70 cents a minute for the nap). There's even a nap room at the top of the Empire State Building! That's all I have for now, I'm trying to conduct more research about nap rooms, but its difficult because I'm guessing they're not that popular yet? Idk.

>Would love to give you feedback but what's a nap room? A
>sleeping room for kids? Maybe that answers your question.....
>:)
>
>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PepperfireWed Dec-24-08 07:36 AM

#3. "RE: Nap rooms anyone?"
In response to Reply # 2

Whereas I think that naprooms are brilliant tools for corporations, I sincerely doubt that you'd find me "renting" one at the Mall of Americas... maybe at the airport during a layover I would though.

Maybe the design and installation of such rooms for corporations would be a valuable business, but having a coin-op nap room doesn't strike me as financially viable unless you can get an in at the train or bus stations or airports.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc.
http://www.pepperfire.ca
http://www.peppermaster.com

painperduThu Dec-25-08 01:26 AM

#4. "RE: Nap rooms anyone?"
In response to Reply # 2

It sounds like a very specific niche and not applicable generically.

Maybe it would go well in large office buildings where people usually work extended hours.

I'd like to see rentable cubes for overnight sleeping for vacationers. Many people wouldn't mind small bed sized cubicles if it meant huge savings for them.

jkundertThu Dec-25-08 02:50 AM

#5. "RE: Nap rooms anyone?"
In response to Reply # 0

I am not sure what you mean by nap rooms, or what type of business this would be can you explain a little more please.

Joshua Kundert
Joshua Kundert consulting
http://joshkundertconsulting.com
josh@joshkundertconsulting.com
866-584-6508

MRose902Mon Dec-29-08 06:43 AM

#6. "RE: Nap rooms anyone?"
In response to Reply # 0

With the addition of decked out break rooms and now nap rooms, we may as well live at work! Why go home?

Matt
www.dmerch.com
Raising diabetes awareness

bizdreamerMon Dec-29-08 08:25 AM

#7. "RE: Nap rooms anyone?"
In response to Reply # 6

>With the addition of decked out break rooms and now nap
>rooms, we may as well live at work! Why go home? ;)

LOL, I highly doubt people would want to live at their jobs (I know I wouldn't!) If corporation already has a break room, there would be no need for a nap room because they both essentially serve the same purpose, and that's taking a "break" right?

With that being said, I'm trying to shy away from creating nap rooms within business buildings, and work with public transportation centers instead. BizResearcher, what would u suggest being the next step in finding if there is a need for such a thing? Meaning, would I have to create a business plan to present to, lets say, an airport?

PepperfireTue Dec-30-08 10:14 AM

#8. "RE: Nap rooms anyone?"
In response to Reply # 7
Tue Dec-30-08 10:14 AM by Pepperfire

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3281 Previous topic | Next topic