Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3259

Subject: "Hand-crochet baby clothes" Previous topic | Next topic
GiftWed Dec-10-08 05:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Hand-crochet baby clothes"

Hi everone,
First time to post here, but I visit the site almost daily and seen the help that one can get in sharing. So... here I am.
I crochet baby clothes (sets: bonnets/hat, dresses/ booties e.t.c.)which I sell on E-bay as single items. I have the capacity to produce a healthy number of them at any given time, but I am only able to sell single items on E-bay as their prices are better than job lots (wholesale). I want to get out of here in the hope of making better my craft & earnings, hence hoping to find someone/a shop that would require these items on wholesale.
Any ideas on how to go about this? Anything & everything (ideas, suggestions, referrals {sp}) will be considered & highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Hand-crochet baby clothes
Dec 20th 2008
Jan 09th 2009
Jan 29th 2009

hostingdivaSat Dec-20-08 11:51 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Hand-crochet baby clothes"
In response to Reply # 0

You may want to contact consignment stores - here's a great place where you can find a whole bunch of stores:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50368.0

Call them and ask if they would be willing to sell your products.

You may also want to look for websites that sell similar items and see if they would be willing to sell your items for you (with a discount to them of course).

Best of luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

GiftFri Jan-09-09 03:58 AM

#2. "RE: Hand-crochet baby clothes"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks hostingdiva. I have gone through the list on the site you suggested but nothing solid came up... most of the sites given are no longer in use.
I'm wondering if anyone out there has any more advice that I could follow up on. I'm really stuck and want to take this idea into the next level. Most (actually all) of the crochet items I make received loads of compliments but not loads of cash - lol.
My current channel of sales is really not working any more.
Anyone with any more ideas out there... please?
Kind regards.

bizdevThu Jan-29-09 09:02 AM

#3. "RE: Hand-crochet baby clothes"
In response to Reply # 0

I owned a children's retail shop a few years ago and I also happened to crochet. During the poncho craze a couple of years ago, I was cranking them out like nobody's business. I sold 50 in 3 weeks during the Christmas season. After I closed down the store, I took my things to local specialty shops and sold from there.

You can also try to locate craft co-ops in your area and see if you can set up your own little area to sell from, or double up with someone else.

The thing to keep in mind is that your craft items must be unique and truly great quality.

I had customers bring their items to my shop to try to sell and it was embarassing to have to turn them away because their things were pretty awful. You must have current styles/colors and keep up with the trends.

Sylvia

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3259 Previous topic | Next topic