Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3237

Subject: "I would like to start a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist your opinion" Previous topic | Next topic
belindabWed Nov-26-08 08:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I would like to start a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist your opinion"

I am interested in starting a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist. It would be a 24 hr babysiting service we would pick the kids up from the Hotel and then return them. The parents must committ to a 4 hour time frame the office will have theme rooms for each age range group we would keep infants to seventeen year olds. What do you think about this idea.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: I would like to start a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist your opinion
Nov 27th 2008
RE: I would like to start a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist your opinion
Nov 29th 2008
Dec 03rd 2008
Dec 12th 2008

fluffy63Thu Nov-27-08 04:49 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: I would like to start a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist your opinion"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi there! i think it would be a fabulous idea! I know I hired one when I had children with me during a visit. Babysitting is pretty big business in Las Vegas, one would think. I know I simply pulled out the Yellow Pages and found a nice grandma type and ordered her delivered to my hotel room. May seem sort of impersonal, but in Vegas they are all licensed & certified, plus checked out thoroughly, an F.B.I. background check I'm told. My babysitter belonged to a particular Agency, and carried a badge with all her information, accreditation & identification.
My children were simply sleeping the entire time I was gone, from late evening to wee hours of the morning, but Las Vegas NEVER sleeps, so an around the clock business sounds idea! Just have to iron out all the details, but I think you have something there!

Good Luck, Tina C.

FinallyAWinnerSat Nov-29-08 03:23 PM

#2. "RE: I would like to start a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist your opinion"
In response to Reply # 0

You would really have to establish a lot of trust before anyone would let their children be taken away by a stranger in Vegas. Establishing credibility of your company with a ton of referrals I would think would be your first major hurdle.

How I Bought a Brand New $1.2 Million Dollar Dream Home on Two Rolling Acres Using ONLY Affiliate Commissions Earned While I Was Unemployed
http://SearchPeopleWorld.com/tissa.htm

bizdevWed Dec-03-08 05:20 AM

#3. "RE: I would like to start a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist your opinion"
In response to Reply # 0

As a parent I wouldn't trust a stranger in a strange town with my kids, but that's just me. I certainly see the need for your service however. The one thing that hasn't been mentioned is your age group. I would not go up to age 17. I would worry that teens would try to "escape" and go off on their own while in your care. Also, you don't know how they might treat the little ones. That's a pretty cynical statement, I know. But when it comes to caring for others' kids, you need to be beyond careful.
Good luck!

Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz
Startup & Biz Plan Help

mkpfaithFri Dec-12-08 06:16 AM

#4. "RE: I would like to start a babysitting service in Las Vegas for Tourist your opinion"
In response to Reply # 0

How is the business going? I am doing the same in NC but sitters will go to the families (in homes, churchs, hotels, etc.) How have you set up payments by families?

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3237 Previous topic | Next topic