Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3087

Subject: "Can you tell me what you think?" Previous topic | Next topic
eshields1014Thu Oct-23-08 05:31 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Can you tell me what you think?"

Can you please tell me what you think of my website www.mydoggietreasures.com I still need to get pictures of some of the items such as bananas and gift baskets up. also once i get insurance where is a good place to sell besides pet shops? i could use all the help and ideas i can get

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
E: Can you tell me what you think?
Nov 19th 2008
RE: Can you tell me what you think?
Nov 20th 2008
Nov 23rd 2008
Dec 05th 2008

MidAtlanticWed Nov-19-08 07:34 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "E: Can you tell me what you think?"
In response to Reply # 0

Dear EShields1014,

To optimize your visitor conversions (attacting visitors then trasitioning them to potential clients) you should move your Web Poll and your email mailing list up toward the top of your home page. Beef it up a bit, and stress how they will benefit by what you are offering and the value of the newsletter, coupons, contests etc.

I would remove the "we offer" section and integrate it within the topics you have listed on the side of your home page. Its repetitive.. This will reduce the length of your home page, catch their eye and have them become interactive with your web page.

Regarding your gift baskets, treats etc. Boost your descriptions of these products and put pictures of what they look like. It has to sound appetizing to adults so they will purchase them for their pets. If it doesnt sound like something we want to eat, our pets most likely wont want to either.

When I purchase products for my pets, I need to see what they look like, what type of squeak factor they have, shakability factor, how they feel etc. You want these descriptions to "jump off " the page and get attention. Do you offer products that are "chew resistant" for big dogs like Mastiffs, Great Dane's, or ones that are just for smaller breeds. I see that you have pull toys but no other toys listed but you offer squeaky ones in your gift baskets. You may want to expand on those.

Your website is easy to navigate which is a huge plus. I would recommend not only pet stores, but veterinary offices, and shelters.

You could put together a gift basket, take it to shelter. Ask to put out your marketing material for your business and in exchange have them give a basket to whoever makes a significant contribution and rescues a pet. Another option would be to do the same and raffle the basket off with the patients from the veterinary office. Again in exchange offer to put their marketing material in your gift basket and yours in their office. You could also give them FREE advertising on your website saying they are a sponsor.

Just my thoughts. Good luck!

"Mobile Healthcare for Today's Employer, Because A Healthy WorkForce is Your Most Valuable Resource"...http://www.maohs.com

tclockThu Nov-20-08 06:35 AM

#2. "RE: Can you tell me what you think?"
In response to Reply # 0

Check out large chain stores that have pet supplies, like Meijers, Jewel, etc. Local chains that have pet departments might lean more your way

If you can get your products in these stores, your are almost a sure bet for success.

Tom Harding

MISSVSun Nov-23-08 05:16 PM

#3. "RE: Can you tell me what you think?"
In response to Reply # 0

Since your products are all natural you should try some boutique natural and/or health food stores as well. They may be more likely to try new products over a large chain store.

mediadaveFri Dec-05-08 08:32 AM

#4. "RE: Can you tell me what you think?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Dec-05-08 08:41 AM by mediadave

>Can you please tell me what you think of my website
>www.mydoggietreasures.com I still need to get pictures of some
>of the items such as bananas and gift baskets up. also once i
>get insurance where is a good place to sell besides pet shops?
>i could use all the help and ideas i can get

I've just taken the time to review your website & overall it's a great start.
Do you mind if I ask how long you've had your website online?
I'd say the most important page of a website is the homepage. You've got quite a collection of information here. I might focus that down a little.
Page titles are very important if your interested in your google ranking & people finding your website amongst the millions online.
My favorite page is 'Customer Pet Page' because pet owners are a breed all their own (no pun intended), and sharing about their pets is of great satisfaction. That page will be popular I think.
Best of Luck

Dave Richardson
With MediaRECOVER http://www.mediarecover.com/ data recovery software and services recovery of lost files from all digital camera media and hard drives is easy.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #3087 Previous topic | Next topic