Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2761

Subject: "Affiliate programs" Previous topic | Next topic
momofjacoleWed Jul-16-08 12:19 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Affiliate programs"

I have been reading things on the affiliate programs. Do they really generate income? They look like you can make money on them. But I don't have a clue. Can someone have the patience to explain it to me in detail???? PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Christine

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Affiliate programs
Jul 16th 2008
Jul 17th 2008
Jul 17th 2008
Oct 14th 2008
Oct 14th 2008
Oct 31st 2008

bizdevWed Jul-16-08 05:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Affiliate programs"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, affiliate programs really can generate income. But it's important to choose your affiliates wisely. They must fit into your overall theme or niche so you have the greatest chance for a sale. And since the commissions vary widely you need to choose those with the best income potential.

If you check out my site you will see that I heavily promote Site Build It. I do that for two reasons. Their commissions are the highest I've seen anywhere. That one is hands down my best income generator. Second reason is because I researched the company extensively and discovered their clients love the company and the product/service. They have the most incredible customer service around. Also (ooops, this would be a third reason), they have the most extensive marketing program you will find anywhere.

If you go through a place like cj.com you will sign up and then choose which companies you want to promote. You apply, wait for an acceptance (sometimes instant approval, sometimes you wait a few days) then choose the links to add to your site. When someone makes a purchase or signs up with the company you get a commission.

Hope that's enough detail.

Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz
Startup & Biz Plan Help
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz/blog

momofjacoleThu Jul-17-08 04:10 AM

#2. "RE: Affiliate programs"
In response to Reply # 1

I appreciate your feedback so so much. Thank you so very much. But I don't even have a site yet. I don't even know how to do that. Is there a class or something i can take for all of this. Or am I doing the right thing, going on this kind of chat and asking people (like yourself) how to do these things.

I really really want to learn. I am so the type that has to be told exactly what to do. But I am a fast learner.

Thanks alot again,
Christine

bizdevThu Jul-17-08 07:08 AM

#3. "RE: Affiliate programs"
In response to Reply # 2

Christine, you really MUST go to my site and click on any of the Site Build It links or videos and get your web site created through them. I can't put the direct link here coz that would be "cheating". But the whole point of Site build It is that they do all the technical stuff behind the scenes. You just write like you normally would. You can choose the look of the site and colors and you can add on features as you go. The beauty of their hosting service is that you pay just one time (yearly) for the year's hosting (where your site sits and does it's thing). Most other hosts charge a monthly fee. Site Build It is very affordable. Also, you can ask them as many questions as you like (even before you buy!) and they happily (really) hand hold you as much as you need.

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

Joe ReuthTue Oct-14-08 06:19 AM

#4. "RE: Affiliate programs"
In response to Reply # 1

You can make big money if you have a large email list that you can market affiliate products to. Unless you have someone to sell to you're results will be much smaller. Clickbank and Commission Junction are two of the largest affiliate sites around.

Joe Reuth
http://www.RetailBusinessOwner.com

PepperfireTue Oct-14-08 07:52 AM

#5. "RE: Affiliate programs"
In response to Reply # 0

The value in affiliate programs is the same value you will find in earning commissions from regular sales. The underlying product.

CJ is expensive for companies like mine to sign up for, in fact, unless I have a minimum of $26,000 in monthly online sales, they won't even talk to me... So you're assured that the products you are offering for sale through CJ are in demand on the internet... What you don't get through CJ are new up and comers.

If you build a good driver website, you market it well, you sign up a good valuable list of internet buyers... then, you will certainly make money through affiliate sales.

Of course if you don't have the site, the traffic, the drivers, the products... you'll waste your time and your money. The idea of setting up a website and expecting big cheques to start pouring in way off base.

Good luck with it.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

jimkcliftonFri Oct-31-08 07:58 AM

#6. "RE: Affiliate programs"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm a full time realtor but I've been making money part time for the past two years. My website is www.myhomeoffice.ws. This company's product is domain names/websites. They have a very simple website builder tool. You can check out my personal website I've been modifying recently. Affiliate programs can be great, but I've found that the best and least expensive way to promote any business is by word of mouth. Telling people you trust about what you do and asking them to tell people they trust, etc. It is so much more fun to work with people you know that already trust you. Good luck!
Jim
jim@myhomeoffice.ws

Extra Cash Every Month
www.myhomeoffice.ws
It's a good life...

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2761 Previous topic | Next topic