Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2735

Subject: "Physical Therapy" Previous topic | Next topic
DMandSWed Jul-09-08 01:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Physical Therapy"

Hello, I am Jen and I have been reading this board for a couple weeks and decided to post. I am in the idea and planning stage for my business idea. I am a physical therapist and have been practicing for 1 year now. I work in the outpatient orthopedic scene treating mostly low back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, post surgical, and sports injuries. I would like to own my own practice someday but want to get at least 5 years in the clinic before going on my own. That being said I currently have an internet idea for a home business.

I realize that I am an expert on not being an expert in the physical therapy industry. I would like to develope a site for others like me. It would have information for newer PT clinicians on career developement and resources for students on getting through the different stages of becoming a physical therapist. I would like to eventually add services to help young clinicians find a specialty or practice setting best for them once they graduate.

Does this sound like a practical idea? There are other PT resource sites, but none that I have found that cater to the prospective and young PT professional. I have struggled with patient and administrative issues and wished I had a source specifically for other clinicians like me. Any feedback would be very helpful as this is all I have so far.

Jen

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Physical Therapy
Jul 10th 2008
Jul 10th 2008
Jul 11th 2008

PepperfireThu Jul-10-08 04:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Physical Therapy"
In response to Reply # 0

Any informational lack in this field that you can fill is going to be worth money to someone. You could certainly consider that if you would need these resources, then others would as well.

Do the market research find out what number of people are actually going through this "niche" stream and that will give you an idea of whether or not the idea is viable.

I anticipate that you'd be earning from advertising dollars generated on the site or from the sale of white papers and articles specific to the field... registration fees, etc. Make it like an industry Trade show and you've got a potential winner.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

DMandSThu Jul-10-08 11:06 AM

#2. "RE: Physical Therapy"
In response to Reply # 1

This is what I was thinking. I have ton of helpful article ideas in my head on just the experiences I myself have gone through over the last 5-6years of considering this career, getting through school, getting a state license, getting a job, and working in the real world. I also have acess as an APTA (american physical therapy association) member to a ton more resources on the web. I think that this idea could help me in my own career development. It is a true niche and I could market this to many colleges and universities, I hope there is enough market to make it a viable idea.

I am in the process of writing up a business plan to see how it floats but everything I have read has told me to start a business based on what I know and enjoy. I think I might be on to something. I should also mention that one of the top physical therapy schools in the state is 10 min from my front door.

Jen

PepperfireFri Jul-11-08 03:24 AM

#3. "RE: Physical Therapy"
In response to Reply # 2

Well, I would suggest again that you put your business plan together and while doing that process, you'll get all your answers.

Good luck with it.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2735 Previous topic | Next topic