Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2407

Subject: "Help on opening a Janitorial company" Previous topic | Next topic
tarspe5Fri Apr-25-08 06:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Help on opening a Janitorial company"

Hello everyone I am new to the forum. I am located in Houston, Texas and I am interested in opening a Janitorial Services Company that specializes in cleaning out foreclosed properties and new construction. If any one here can give me any kind of advice on pricing for jobs and how I can create a web-site inexpensively I would greatly appreciate it. I would also like to know where can I get sample bid forms, proposals and contracts for this type of business. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. God bless you all

You must conceive it in you heart and mind before you can receive it!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

hostingdivaThu May-01-08 10:16 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Help on opening a Janitorial company"
In response to Reply # 0

It's great that you're looking to start your own business!

First, you need to do some reasearch. How many similar companies are there in Houston? What do they charge? Is there room in the market for another company? That is, how much can you charge and can you make a profit? Even if there is, what's going to be different about your company?

The best way to find out about pricing is to call your competition and ask how much they charge.

There are many companies you can use to build a website - see my link at the bottom. You'll want to make sure you check the pricing and don't get more than you can pay for. I know that self evident but you would be surprised by how many people take on more than they can handle. As with anything - do your research first. The search engines are your friends - use them!

Make sure that you lay out your expenses and your costs before you jump in - and again, don't spend more than you have.

Good luck

!!!!

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2407 Previous topic | Next topic