Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2208

Subject: "Business idea! I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
spencergibsonWed Mar-12-08 09:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Business idea! I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!"

SO I HAVE AN INTERNET BUSINESS IDEA GEARED FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE INTO FITNESS AND WEIGHTLIFTING. FOR ANYBODY WHO GOES TO THE GYM AND TRIES TO OBTAIN THAT BODYBUILDERS PHYSIQUE OR GET THAT SIX PACK ABS KNOWS THERES ALOT MORE THAN JUST GOING TO THE GYM! YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE AND TRY TO BUY THE BEST FOODS AND DO THE RESEARCH SO YOU KNOW YOU'RE EATING THE RIGHT FOODS. THEN YOU HAVE TO GO ON THE INTERNET OR BUY A MAGAZINE TO TRY AND FIGURE OUT WHAT SUPPLEMENTS YOU WILL NEED.ALSO DRIVE TO YOUR LOCAL GNC OR VITAMIN STORE! ON TOP OF THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO RESEARCH DIFFERENT WORKOUT PLANS VIA INTERNET/MAG. SO WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID I WANT TO COMBINE ALL OF THOSE ASPECTS INTO ONE WEBSITE. A ONE STOP SHOP FOR FITNESS VIA THE INTERNET. THE PROBLEM IM HAVING IS TRYING TO CHOOSE WHICH ROUTE TO GO WITH THE IDEA OR IF THIS IS EVEN POSSIBLE? THE ORIGINAL IDEA WAS FOR ONE PRICE YOU COULD ORDER A MEAL PLAN THAT MEETS YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS THAT INCLUDES SUPPLEMENTS, WORKOUT PLANS, ETC... SO THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GO TO THE GYM AND WORKOUT!!! MY OTHER IDEA WAS TO MAKE IT MORE OF A FITNESS WEBSITE. WHERE I WOULD BE DOING THE ADVERTISING AND HAVE LINKS AND INFO SO A PERSON WOULD NOT HAVE TO SEARCH ALL OVER TO FIND WHAT THEY NEED. I NEED SOME HELP!!! I DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO EVEN START? CAN ANYONE HELP???

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Business idea! I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!
Mar 12th 2008
Mar 12th 2008
Mar 13th 2008
Mar 14th 2008
Mar 14th 2008

taj71Wed Mar-12-08 10:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Business idea! I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Great ideas!
Although both ideas are winners, I would go with your second idea. You can put together a web-site/ blog. The best way to understand how to do this is to visit johnchow.com. I have no tie to him other than his site inspired me to get started making $$$ on-line through blogging. In a nut shell if you blog quality information and update it regularly traffic will flow to your site. You can monetize the site by working w/ affiliates and selling advertising. Read all of John's info and check out how much he makes blogging, it is serious money.He has a free downloadable e-book with instructions on how to get started. You do not need to charge visitors anything, the ads and affiliates pay you as visitors click through their ads.

Good luck!

spencergibsonWed Mar-12-08 10:47 AM

#2. "RE: Business idea! I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks for the input! I guess being 25 and not having a couple mill in the bank would make it hard to be the next nutrisystem with a twist.

PepperfireThu Mar-13-08 06:39 AM

#3. "RE: Business idea! I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

The first thing you should do regardless of how you go about doing your business, is write a business plan. At least that way you'll have a road map. You'll find that the research you have to do to write the business plan will get you on the right path from the get-go.

You can get lots of info on business plans right here on the BOIC site.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

jswank02Fri Mar-14-08 04:02 AM

#4. "RE: Business idea! I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Almost any website site company like register.com and godaddy.com have blogging capabilities. Please do your research to find which is bets for you....Don't be taken in by the get rich sites...

Joanna Swank

JSwank Marketable Concepts
info@jswank.com

spencergibsonFri Mar-14-08 07:39 AM

#5. "RE: Business idea! I NEED SOME GUIDANCE!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

thanks everyone for the ideas! keep'em comming!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #2208 Previous topic | Next topic