Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1924

Subject: "Starting a Clothing Line" Previous topic | Next topic
sheekdageekWed Dec-05-07 09:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Starting a Clothing Line"

Hello everyone,
I am very interested in starting a t-shirt line, however I dont know where to start. I have the designs, and the style of shirts that I want my designs on. My problem is how or who would I go to get some embellishment on my shirts (an example of the style im talking about is like Bobby Jack.) Would I take my shirts to a screen printer? Or would I find someone who does screen printing and embellishing. Also, I need some help finding different wholesale manufacturers. Do manufacturing companies do screen printing and embellishing? Please help...

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Starting a Clothing Line
Dec 26th 2007
Jan 30th 2008
Jan 30th 2008
Jan 31st 2008

___feministeWed Dec-26-07 09:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Starting a Clothing Line"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey,

I'm probably a little late to reply. But I've been trying to find a partner forever in starting a t-shirt line. Although, I'm not really great at making designs or graphical designs, but I can explain them or even produce up a little something to show an idea. I actually had some sample designs (on my other computer). You first need a catalog or sample of your designs ..something of a brochure to present to manufacturers. You can also get sample shirts designed through a screen printer or a place that designs teeshirts, by bringing your design. It's really simple..it's all about marketing your idea to a potential brand or manufacturer. If you are interested ..just reply and we can go from there.

Media LoungeWed Jan-30-08 11:09 AM

#2. "RE: Starting a Clothing Line"
In response to Reply # 1

Hello,

All you have to do is partner up with a silkscreen printer. I myself am a printer. I have several customers that have started their own clothing line and I've had a blast watching them grow. I sell t-shirts to them at a low cost and they end up selling them for more. My prices are very reasonable, the quality is excellent. The only problem I have is that I can't print them fast enough. Turnaround time is 2 weeks but if you don't mind that, I'd be glad to print them for you.

___feministeWed Jan-30-08 12:22 PM

#3. "RE: Starting a Clothing Line"
In response to Reply # 2

That sounds good. But I'm also looking for a partner as well, like I said before..my designs aren't that good. But I have great ideas for designs. Do you know someone who is looking for a potential partner or..even yourself?

Media LoungeThu Jan-31-08 08:47 AM

#4. "RE: Starting a Clothing Line"
In response to Reply # 3

I didn't mention that I am also a graphic artist and I could help with your designs.

My problem is time. I don't have much of it, especially now that I'm starting another project that is going to take even more of my time. I can help you with the printing, but honestly, my computer/design time is already booked for other projects.

I hope you find someone that can help you with your designs soon.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1924 Previous topic | Next topic