Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1860

Subject: "Need Help" Previous topic | Next topic
LarryEdwardsThu Nov-15-07 01:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need Help"

Hey How are you all doing,

Currently I have a Medical Billing business.

Our 3 guarantees are:

1). We cut billing costs by 50%
2). Our turn around time is 12-24hrs.
3). We guarantee you will receive higher reimburstments.

I am trying to get more doctors to send their billing to me. Currently I have 3 doctors working with me now and I am also looking for a partner who wants to help me. Alot of money is involved in the business and I just want to meet people who know doctors. We deal with any kind of doctor from eye, foot, family medicine, physical therapy, pyschiatric, or anything else.

As far as the billing is concerned, I offer two alternatives to the client. I can outsource it to India or I can keep it in the US.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get more doctors or any suggestions for my business?

Thanks,

Larry Edwards

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Need Help
Nov 16th 2007
Nov 16th 2007
Nov 19th 2007
Nov 23rd 2007

findingdetailsFri Nov-16-07 05:56 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need Help"
In response to Reply # 0

Facts and proof. Physicians are smart people. Show them how you doing their billing benefits them and show them proof of your success. Set up a luncheon meeting with the doctor to go over your information with them. Accommodate their busy schedule to show that they are a priority to you. Get the proof on paper. Show them what you can offer. Tailor the program to the area you are targeting. Billing for Opthamalagist is totally different than for a Podiatrist and so on. You need to be able to tailor the business to their specific needs and know the ever changing billing industry.

deechFri Nov-16-07 03:21 PM

#2. "RE: Need Help"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Nov-16-07 03:23 PM by deech

Market the physician practices just like pharmas and home health agencies do. (I used to market a home health agency.). Start by making personal sales calls on the office manager, if possible, to schedule a luncheon "in-service." Take along some type of catchy giveaway to keep your name in front of them in the meantime....maybe something like a fancy container of nickles (dimes or quarters) with a tag/label that says "we put money back into your practice" or "XYZ Billing...Like Money in the Bank."

Be ready to only get as far as the receptionist. Remember, you are competing with the pharmas and HHAs for their time (and they do get HAMMERED!). Just smile, give your 30 second elevator pitch, the giveaway and be sure to come away with a lunch date. Be sure to ask how many are in the office and if there are any special dietary considerations. Some practices may be booked as far as 3 mos out. If you get booked way out like that, go back a time or two to keep your name in front of them. Call or visit a day or two before the lunch and confirm that the "doctor will be able to attend the in-service." Always try to talk to the office manager.

When your big day arrives, get there early to have everything set up on time. You don't have to spend a lot of money on this. I found that a great menu for these is baked potato w/all fixings and salad, easily prepared at home and transported in a couple of coolers. Why is this so good? It slows the doc and staff down as they prepare the potato and salad and allows you to get your pitch out. Plus, few if anyone else is going to bring this in for them. Especially great on a cold winter day.

Be prepared to have anywhere from 30 seconds to 30 minutes with the doctor (if you develop a good enough raport with his staff in advance, you might get some feel for what to expect). Your three guarantees should definitely get their attention. Get some testimonials from your current clients and ask if they will act as references for you. Follow up the next week with another giveaway, more literature and a promo item or two (VistaPrint has some great inexpensive items in small lots, like biz card sized magnets).

Best of luck to you!

PepperfireMon Nov-19-07 01:05 PM

#3. "RE: Need Help"
In response to Reply # 0

The easy answer is to use the yellow pages.

You can also buy lists of registered doctors and have those lists focused by specialty; thereby helping you focus your approaches.

Good luck.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

StrategistFri Nov-23-07 04:42 PM

#4. "RE: Need Help"
In response to Reply # 0

The people I hear of the most who want to use your services are holistic doctors -- ND, Acupuncturists, Chiropractors and them massage therapists, etc.

The big thing is that you'll be in it for the long haul. They're very used to folks "just leaving" the business OR paper pushers (i.e. someone who just bills and doesn't rebill if bills aren't paid).

To meet them? See what organizations they belong to locally. AND send a letter out to everyone you know telling them about your business, your ideal clients, etc. And offering them a referral fee.

That's my $50 worth.

Maria Marsala

Let me help you substantially grow your financial advisory business or nonprofit with P.E.P. Increase productivity, efficiency, and profit.

Learn more and get free tips at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1860 Previous topic | Next topic