Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1755

Subject: "Alone & Need Help-Please!" Previous topic | Next topic
justDawnSun Oct-14-07 12:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Alone & Need Help-Please!"

I don't know what to do and have no one to ask for advice, so I'm hoping to get help from all of you! (PLEASE! )

Here's my story-
I have a product idea for a specific company. And it has to be that particular company because they already produce a product that my "idea product" goes with. If that makes sense It's like they produce the raincoat and I have an "idea product" (say a matching hat) that would go with it.

So, what do I do now? I have no idea where to begin! IMO it's a great idea, but like I say, I'm lost!

Please help point me in the right direction. Also, if I should need a lawyer- exactly what type?

Thanks to all!
Dawn

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Alone & Need Help-Please!
Oct 16th 2007
RE: Alone & Need Help-Please!
Oct 20th 2007

PepperfireTue Oct-16-07 04:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Alone & Need Help-Please!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Dawn,

Your first step is to actually turn your idea into a product, otherwise, it's fair game for anyone to come up with that "idea". At the very least, write your idea down on paper and mail it to yourself, signing and date stamping over the sealed envelope part. It's not infallible, but it will help if the question ever comes up as to where the idea came from.

Once you have legal protections in place for your "idea", then you should contact their company, talking to the appropriate department. For example, if their product is PART of your final product, such as an ingredient in a food recipe, then you should talk to Marketing, if your product requires development to marry to their product, then you should talk to R&D, etc. If it's a small company, just go straight to the CEO, he or she will pass you on if they aren't the right person.

You'll want confidentiality and non-competition agreements, so a lawyers advice from the get-go is a good idea.

I hope my thoughts help, and wish you good luck with it.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

cribexSat Oct-20-07 04:44 AM

#2. "RE: Alone & Need Help-Please!"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a similar situation. I have turned two different products into one product that's better than both of the products. I had other inventions patented and not I found the best way to go was to start a income business to make money to produce my inventions. That's the best way I think to go. Email me at: samp@cribex.com I will show you some tricks.
Subject: Tricks

Wayne A Carter
Blast Your Ad For Free
http://All4webs.com/u/v/carterco

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1755 Previous topic | Next topic