Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1336

Subject: "Web3D idea" Previous topic | Next topic
enterprisingBizFri Jun-22-07 06:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Web3D idea"

Hi guys

I am looking into a web 3D/virtual idea. This is an area that has gained popularity due to the wide growth of " Massive(ly) multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) which is a genre of online role-playing video games (RPGs) in which a large number of players interact with one another in a virtual world" -Wikipedia.org and the very popular Second Life virtual world. I think there are loads of ideas for web 3D.I am just mulling over ideas. I am a postgraduate Bioinformatics student. I have good programming skills. Web 3D is a new area for me so I am teaching myself VRML/X3D and trying out various 3D viewers. I am also a student and dont have resources. Ideally they should also have the skills(Ajax/3D/programming e.t.c) and be willing to bounce around some ideas. I would like to clarify one thing: anyone who says the word "business" believes that they will make a lot of money. I do not believe that. I think I have got a good idea which if worth implementing and see how it goes. The most important thing for me at this moment is still studying. I'm looking for someone in the same situation(in the U.K.) as I am. I would like to share my idea and see what we can do. We will share everything: programming and costs (which are not high). I would like you to be motivated but not make this your main thing in your life. At least not for now. I do not want to create illusions even if I think if got a good idea.

Thanks for reading this.

S.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

PepperfireTue Jun-26-07 07:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Web3D idea"
In response to Reply # 0

I have seen second life, and it is very memory intensive. I had a very difficult time getting it to function well, even on my computer.

That said...

I have played both Runescape and Sims online and they are very addictive. The interaction with other people is very cool.

I think the money to be made in these projects is from the monthly subscriptions of the members, not from the creation of the game itself. So bear these comments in mind as you proceed.

I wish you luck. Online gaming is fun (if you have the time for it).

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1336 Previous topic | Next topic