Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1293

Subject: "What do people need to know?" Previous topic | Next topic
mikesturmanThu Jun-14-07 06:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What do people need to know?"

I'm a writer who recently left daily journalism after 25 years. I do some freelance writing now, but am seeking a larger project.

Here's what I'm thinking. I'd like to do a non-fiction book, or series of books, but I'm not sure about the subject. I'm curious about what people need to know and what information I can provide to help people in their daily lives?

I understand that writers should write about what they know. But as a journalist, I learned how to research topics that were unfamiliar to me. I can do the same with a book.

So, please, tell me what you need to know or what information you think others will find useful.

Please e-mail me at content@contentassociates.net

Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: What do people need to know?
Jun 14th 2007
RE: What do people need to know?
Jun 29th 2007

southerntltThu Jun-14-07 10:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: What do people need to know?"
In response to Reply # 0

People need to know about their medical diagnosis's.
I am a nurse and often people are asking me about what they are and what should they do about them.

Toni

CurtisDFri Jun-29-07 08:44 AM

#2. "RE: What do people need to know?"
In response to Reply # 0

There are a lot of things out there that would be useful to people. Self-help books like The Secret (if you want to call that a self-help book..) are all the rage these days. I would find something you feel passionate about writing about. Is there a certain field you are good in that you enjoy and could see yourself being able to write a book about that would actually be worthwhile for others to read?

The previous posters have some good ideas. Are you an expert in web 2.0, computer systems, MySpace, etc? Are you a good motivational writer? There must be something that you are excellent in that others would like to know more about. I find the best writing is when you are passionate about your topic. That's not to say you couldn't write an excellent book for older people but is that something you really want to do?

I would try to find something you are good at, knowledgeable about already and would enjoy writing about and going with that. Once you have some topics narrowed down, you can start to figure out who this book is going to be marketed to, ie: old people, young people, business owners, tech people, etc and how you can possibly get the book published. For more information on making money with writing, getting published, getting grants for writing, etc you can visit this site: http://www.richwritersblog.com/ There's a ton of great info we put together on here and I think it may be a good fit with what you'd like to accomplish.

To your success,
Curtis

Discover the 95 year Old System
That Ignites Entrepreneurs Incomes
and Creates Customer Stampedes
Unlike Anything You?ve Seen Before?
http://www.smallbusinesscopywriter.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1293 Previous topic | Next topic