Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1176

Subject: "Need feedback on idea" Previous topic | Next topic
southerntltWed May-16-07 04:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need feedback on idea"

I am a nurse and discovered while working in home health and dr.s offices that people just follow what they are being told by the doctor's. They have little education on their diagnoises. My idea is to start a medical education specific to each individual by providing them with educational material to prevent further declination of their health to the best of their ability. This will be done in the comfort of their home at their convience with the family members that is responsible for their care. Please give me some feedback. Thank You.

Toni

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Need feedback on idea
May 17th 2007
May 18th 2007
May 18th 2007
May 18th 2007

jk1241Thu May-17-07 10:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need feedback on idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Toni,
I think this would be a great idea! I know often times doctor's offices and staff are so busy it's hard to talk directly to the nurse until the end of day. I know a lot of people dont understand the information the nurse/doctor gives to them in the office. You could probably target the elderly as well. Since you are a nurse you are already knowledgeable in the medical field. This is a super idea and I think you should go for it. Another thought, since diabetes, heart disease and other chronic diseases are on the "rise."
Example:People have a hard time managing their diabetes, you could help them understand how to do this. Good Luck to you.

Kam

southerntltFri May-18-07 03:20 AM

#2. "RE: Need feedback on idea"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you for your response. I feel like if people could get the proper knowledge to control their diseases, that they would not only feel better, but live healthier lives, by following the proper regimine for their disease process.

People are always coming up to me and asking what to do about certain things for themselves and for their loved ones. Not to mention medications they are taking. I feel there is definitely a need for this, but am concerned about whether or not people would pay for this, because Medicare doesn't cover it and it would have to be paid out-of-pocket.

Toni

PepperfireFri May-18-07 05:05 AM

#3. "RE: Need feedback on idea"
In response to Reply # 2

Toni,

The fact that people would have to pay for the service makes it that much more valuable. If they could get it, they wouldn't need it nor have to pay for it, right?

Since you see the need. Prepare a business plan, do some testing, and if it flies, as I think it just might, you'll be a pioneer.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

jk1241Fri May-18-07 12:51 PM

#4. "RE: Need feedback on idea"
In response to Reply # 3

Toni,
I think you should go for this. It is a unique idea. I agree with Tina, do some testing. I saw a report on TV about heart disease, diabetes, hypertension and they talked about having someone to give you advice on how to manage these chronic illnesses made them feel better. Just learning how to manage their weight and illnesses was a big accomplishment. Continue to research and just because insurance doesnt cover this, dont let that stop you. (Example: massage theraphy isn't covered under any insurance plan but it is something that makes people feel better). Good Luck, Kam

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1176 Previous topic | Next topic