Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1091

Subject: "Need some feedback please......" Previous topic | Next topic
siouxmannSat Apr-28-07 03:54 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need some feedback please......"
Sat Apr-28-07 03:55 PM by siouxmann

I love photography and I mat and frame them as well...I had an idea to start selling some of my art on ebay..just to see what would happen and to see if it could be profitable....and if it was I wanted to sell maybe from the internet on my own website...I was thinking about the name of "Art for your Lifestyle"...I also wanted to add not just from my photography work, but from other art designs as well....Even custom art for people who want to choose there colors and even styles, such as, India art, asian, african and such...so let me know what you think...I would appreciate...also how do I go about keeping that name or registering that name...this is all new to me so forgive me if I sound naive....

Sue

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Need some feedback please......
May 01st 2007
May 01st 2007
May 04th 2007
May 06th 2007
May 08th 2007

Brian_VaTue May-01-07 01:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need some feedback please......"
In response to Reply # 0

Test the bay market. Put up some of your work in a personal account and see what happens. Whats the worst that can happen?

ElleBlueTue May-01-07 06:17 AM

#2. "RE: Need some feedback please......"
In response to Reply # 0

You will want to register your name with your local business registry in your county. It is very inexpensive. I think I registered my name for $50.00. You need to go to the Hall of Records or County Clerk's office or another building usually near or around the county court house. As far as domain names, you can register with website providers or have your webpage designed and they will help you register your domain name. I'm in the process of doing all this now, so I'm hoping that someone who's BTDT will come along with more details on how to proceed.

Best Regards,
Elle

www.grafusion.biz

If you plan to open a business, visit my blog. Sound advice for the entrepreneur.
www.ellescorner.com

somepunkFri May-04-07 02:02 PM

#3. "RE: Need some feedback please......"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Sue

I wasn?t sure what you meant by register so I?ll cover what I know
I looked it up on Register.com and it looks like artforyourlifestyle.com is taken but it?s set to expire on June 15 2007 so you might have a chance to grab it up. I did see that the others are available (.biz, .net, etc.) so you still might be able to get something good.
As far as registering it with you state it depends on what state. Here it only cost $10.00 and I printed out the form online and mailed it in and got a certificate in a couple of weeks. A google search for ?How to register a business name in {your state}? pulled up the information for me. The site also had a search so I could see right away if it was taken or not.
For patent or trademark, if you want to take it that far, you can search here http://www.uspto.gov to see if it?s taken and if not you can register it yourself.
Hope some of that info help and good luck!

NancySun May-06-07 03:31 PM

#4. "RE: Need some feedback please......"
In response to Reply # 0

Sue, since Tennille found that artforyourlifestyle.com was taken, what about ArtForYourLife? It's available if you're interested. Just my two cents...I like it even better. It's shorter which is good, especially for a domain name.

Even if you don't want to commit the resources to a full-fledged website at this point, you could start by publishing a few of your designs much like an online portfolio.

You can register a domain for less than $10. Web hosting is only a few dollars a month.

Good luck with everything.

Nancy
http://www.CreateYourMarket.com
Marketing Ideas for the Home-Based Entrepreneur

carlar9Tue May-08-07 01:29 AM

#5. "RE: Need some feedback please......"
In response to Reply # 4

I like ArtForYourLife. It is descriptive and eyecatching. One of the keys to sucessful online business is doing something you know. You evidently know your art and it is fairly inexpensive to start. You can give it a try without sinking your life's savings in it.

Visit Dog Lover Boutique and Carlar's Cuties Dog Boutique for Designer Dog Collars and Accessories!
http://www.dogloverboutique.com
http://store.carlar.net
http://www.carlar.net

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1091 Previous topic | Next topic