Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1058

Subject: "Beware- Homebased make money online biz scams" Previous topic | Next topic
Brian_VaThu Apr-19-07 03:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Beware- Homebased make money online biz scams"
Thu Apr-19-07 03:43 AM by Brian_Va

I was asked to better explain in private a reply of mine in a thread I was reading. While I have not posted publicly until now I will explain a few things I have learned in recent weeks/months.

PTC = Paid To Click
PTP = Paid To Promote
PTS = Paid To Search
PTSU = Paid To Sign Up
PTR = Paid To Read
PTRE = Paid To Read Email
GPTR = Get Paid To Read
GPTS = Get Paid To Surf
GPTC = Get Paid To Click
HYIP = High Yield Investment Program
Autosurfs
Pooling etc...

All this stuff is total BS. Don't fall for it. PTR- reading emails that never come and when they do it's about 15-20 for a 1/2 cent each. Nice waste of your valuable time aye.

Paid to take surveys- Does actually happen BUT you have to sign up your name and address everywhere you take a survey and commit to membership to places you don't want be a part of. Blockbuster does in fact pay about $30 US dollars to take the survey they have, provided you commit to their membership and use of. Some pay you, but then charge you to join nearly the full amount of what you were paid to join.

Autosurfs- To this day I have NEVER heard a good word about them.

PTP- paid to promote, or any other thing you have to download is almost certainly a trojan/virus designed around tracking your browsing habits to better figure out how to market to you later. some are browser hi-jackers that force you to view their content for the purpose of sales.

HYIP's- High yield investment program, is 99.9% scams. These groups claim to be professional investors who want to pool your money with hundreds or more people then invest it on Wall st. Similar to mutual funds but for short period s of time typically 10 days or 2 weeks with small amounts of money like $5 US. The only problem is they are short lived, maybe only a couple of months then they are gone. People claim to make money with them but later go for "pay outs" and find their money and the group are history.

The biggest red flag is the words "pay out". If see the words pay out move on. Pay outs are monthly or weekly pay periods in which people can collect they're chump change, provided anyone is left to pay you.

2nd biggest red flag is links PTC's PTP's which is why I decided to post this in the first place. Links are ads for the eventual "downline" of money making scams online. They function much like MLM's where the only person making money is the con who put it in place, everybody else is a pawn making pennies for their labor. when someone posts in a forum for example, they may put a link in their thread and present it as their own site, but it's not. It's a PTC where they get paid for every time YOU click on their link. Typical pay out of about .01 cents per click.

good luck
Brian

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Thanks, Brian!
Apr 19th 2007
RE: Beware- Homebased make money online biz scams
Apr 24th 2007

CyberHostThu Apr-19-07 04:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "Thanks, Brian!"
In response to Reply # 0

Brian,
Thanks for so clearly pointing out how to spot (and run from) a scam. Your post is so helpful, we're spreading the word of it in Idea Cafe's Biz Tips Newsletter!

Cyberhost at Idea CafeThe Fun Place for Serious Business(sm)

iwsTue Apr-24-07 03:34 PM

#2. "RE: Beware- Homebased make money online biz scams"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you pretty much summed it up.

Ocha

http://www.potpourriemporium.com
http://www.infoesource.com
Blog:
http://www.potpourriemporium.blogspot.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #1058 Previous topic | Next topic