Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #950

Subject: "MySql and Product Catalog" Previous topic | Next topic
TBoswellSun Sep-23-07 10:28 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"MySql and Product Catalog"

Wow! Been awhile since I've posted in here, but we all come back don't we? LOL!

So here is my predicament:

I am building a new face, as a partner, for a record label. I'm doing pretty well on the design and layout aspect, as well as some of the viral marketing techniques we'll be utilizing. I've built our news site and the templates for the individual artists' pages and I've even plugged in the individual rss feeds, however, I'm at a point where I seriously need help.

I need to build a page with a dynamic catalogue of artists, that will list the artists alphebetically. I understand I will need to use some asp and a MySql database, however, I do not have the knowledge to do this. There are 3 basic fields for this catalogue, An artist photo, a 5 line descriptive paragraph, and a link to the artist's individual page. These fields must be dynamically inserted into the page, and also have a means of entering this into the DB as our catalogue of artists continues to grow.

Is there a party that might be interested in lending me their help to develop this - I know it's a fairly simple task, I just don't have the knowledge to code this. Even a detailed outline of the tasks that I need to perform to get this set up would be greatly appreciated.

I'm even willing to take on another partner as I'm sure there will be more work like this in the future that I just do not have the programming skills to complete. We have already paid for an advertising and marketing firm who handles Avril Lavine, and Tracy Lawrence to Launch the site on a global scale with us. The launch is to commence on October 31st so you can see I'm starting to get a bit stressed out here as we get down to the wire!!

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing responses on this topic.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: MySql and Product Catalog
Oct 29th 2007
RE: MySql and Product Catalog
Oct 29th 2007

enterprisingBizMon Oct-29-07 12:22 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: MySql and Product Catalog"
In response to Reply # 0

hey,
it been a while since I logged onto here.The solution to your problem is quite simple but your deadline is approaching.

I am guessing you sorted this out?

Leisha

TBoswellMon Oct-29-07 04:19 PM

#2. "RE: MySql and Product Catalog"
In response to Reply # 1

>hey,
> it been a while since I logged onto here.The solution to your
>problem is quite simple but your deadline is approaching.
>
>I am guessing you sorted this out?
>
>Leisha
>
>
>

Actually, I have been dealing with a few programmers with either bad attitudes, or just bad work ethics on scriptlance and odesk - so no, my problem has not exactly been solved as of yet, but I do have people working on it - this has turned out to be more of a headache than it was worth unfortunately...

Thanks for your reply though, I really appreciate it though.

Tony

Lobby Startup Stew topic #950 Previous topic | Next topic