Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #911

Subject: "Ga. Business needs help to survive" Previous topic | Next topic
gachildshopWed Sep-05-07 08:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ga. Business needs help to survive"

Hello to all the women and men that read this post.
I own a resale shop for children and maternity, real estate investment and trying to reopen my carpet cleaning business. Sounds like I am trying to do to much at once. Well, not when you are in a bad situation. I will not get into those details. I know this is not a pitty party site.

But if you ar in the Georgia and have a business that may complement mine contact me. My carpet business did very well for 7 years. The resale shop is killing me, its's not doing well at all. The inventory is extremely nice! Most of the inventory hasn't been used. I look around and wonder what is it that I am doing wrong. I advertise in the paper, magazines and craidslist all the time. I have signs up, and special sales... you name it. The real estate is coming along but it is a longterm investment. My tenants are paying the mortgages. There isn't anything currently in that for me.

I would love to here from anyone with some great suggestions. Hopefully this post doesn't get unanswered because I am just in awe at this point.

Should I borrow more money to start up my old carpet business. It is a long story as to what happened to it. Believe me, when i say I didn't want to dissolve it. It wasn't anything illegal that prompt me to close it down. I don't operate in that manner. No way!
Waiting on anyone to give me a suggestion. I'll thank you all in advance.

www.carolynskidsconsignment.com

Daralynn

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Ga. Business needs help to survive
Sep 09th 2007
RE: Ga. Business needs help to survive
Sep 12th 2007

greengirlSun Sep-09-07 02:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Ga. Business needs help to survive"
In response to Reply # 0

Are you familiar with tgtbt.com ? You may find the help you need with your shop. The discussion boards are exclusively for resale shop owners.

CamWed Sep-12-07 06:17 AM

#2. "RE: Ga. Business needs help to survive"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Daralynn,

I am sorry to hear about your predicament but don't lose hope yet.

First, have you ever thought about EBay? I have sold new and used clothes on ebay before and I was doing pretty good at it. The only problem is that I work full-time and it was hard to keep a good inventory to make profits.

But this sounds like a good solution for you. Children's clothes sell well on EBay. If you need help or would like to know more, feel free to contact me at the e-mail address below.

Also, as far as the carpet cleaning business. Do you have alot of competition? If so, where are your competitors lacking? Have you teamed with local real estate offices to possibly offer your service to home sellers and buyers?

I hope this gives a little help

Cameo Hoey
cameo@hipmamaclub.com
www.hipmamaclub.com

Lobby Startup Stew topic #911 Previous topic | Next topic