Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #76

Subject: "Business oppurtunity....vinyl graphics" Previous topic | Next topic
randwteesMon Sep-25-06 02:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Business oppurtunity....vinyl graphics"

We have the oppurtunity to purchase a complete established vinyl graphics business(stickers, banners, signs, etc). Turn key, all equipment, supplies, training, lease on the location.....when he leaves the only thing he wants to take out is what he's wearing.... for $10,000. It is set up at a local flea market, so it only operates on weekends....(maybe fridays..not really sure) It belongs to a friend of a family member. The family member stated that she knows for a fact the a $500.00 day is a slow day for him. Rent on the booth is like 125.00 a week. If we bought it, we would add in our custom t-shirt business offering a digital photo either supplied by the customer or taken by us customized and put on a t-shirt, as well as premade designs. He's not doing that, but that's what we could add to the vinyl business.

Does anyone know about this business and does this sound like a good idea. I'm pretty sure I could get the financing.

visit our websites at www.randwtees.com and security.randwtees.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Business oppurtunity....vinyl graphics
Sep 29th 2006
Sep 29th 2006
Sep 30th 2006
Oct 01st 2006

bizdevFri Sep-29-06 07:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Business oppurtunity....vinyl graphics"
In response to Reply # 0

$10,000 for a turnkey business can be a good deal it depends of course on what you get for the money. Even if it is true that $500 a day in sales is a slow day (be sure you see the owner's "books" and tax reports), you need to put that $500 into perspective.

You need to figure your expenses against those sales figures. If your expenses are $300 a day (supplies, rent, payroll, taxes, loan, etc) and you make $500 a day is that an acceptable profit for you? Was the current owner turning a profit? If he's making so much money why is he selling?

Do you have experience in this field? Will the training provided be enough? I assume this isn't a franchise so what if you need further training or direction? Are you on your own?

Keep researching until you're satisfied you have enough information to make an informed decision.

And don't forget your business plan! If you need to go for financing you need a business plan.

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

randwteesFri Sep-29-06 10:44 AM

#2. "RE: Business oppurtunity....vinyl graphics"
In response to Reply # 1

>
>You need to figure your expenses against those sales figures.
>If your expenses are $300 a day (supplies, rent, payroll,
>taxes, loan, etc) and you make $500 a day is that an
>acceptable profit for you? Was the current owner turning a
>profit? If he's making so much money why is he selling?

He's selling because he has more work at his home shop than he can handle. I saw that for myself, and he just doesn't want the hassle.

>
>Do you have experience in this field? Will the training
>provided be enough? I assume this isn't a franchise so what if
>you need further training or direction? Are you on your own?

Kinda yes, kinda no. There will be lots of self teaching and he will teach me the basics. If I get it I will be combining this business with my existing custom t-shirt business.
>
>Keep researching until you're satisfied you have enough
>information to make an informed decision.
>
>And don't forget your business plan! If you need to go for
>financing you need a business plan.

I talked to him about it the night after I wrote the original message. He has a gentleman trying to get financing through his bank. If that falls through, he will finance the business for me. I didn't realize that the guy who owns it now is a customer of mine in my current job... could be a plus. But I've found a way to get ankle deep into the vinyl business myself for about 1000 which is what we used to start the t-shirts..thinking we may go that route.

Thanks
Ron

freejerkySat Sep-30-06 02:27 PM

#3. "RE: Business oppurtunity....vinyl graphics"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey Ron,

The above post pretty much says it all... I just wanted to say I love the T-shirts and don't ya just love Dave Ramsey??!!

Laura:P

Laura
We are all about families helping families!
http://www.jerky4free.com
No Selling - No Parties - Any Age

randwteesSun Oct-01-06 12:42 AM

#4. "RE: Business oppurtunity....vinyl graphics"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks.....I'm gonna jump a little off topic here, but yeah, I do. Unfortunately he'd scream at me today. We go the opportunity to make custom tees for a huge annual event here in SC called Campmeeting. A couple thousand people for a weeklong religious event. Well it started out religious, still is but a lot of just visiting etc etc. We were told we could make and sell the shirts. There's 100 wooden "tents" there. At least 10 to 20 people per tent. We have and awesome (If I must say so myself) design. They are being sold out there by an on site store all week. It ends today. I made 400 shirts.. different colors/sizes, kids and adult. Well, as of last night we are 800.00 from breaking even. The bad part. I have a 90 day 1600.00 loan from the bank. I had no idea they wouldn't even sell a hundred shirts.

I'm gonna run an add in the paper and put them on my website for anyone that wants one and didn't get it. It's hurting me bad though, cause I was counting on a little profit.

Ron

Lobby Startup Stew topic #76 Previous topic | Next topic