Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #2224

Subject: "Help I'm stuck!" Previous topic | Next topic
sandylmtFri Apr-29-11 07:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Help I'm stuck!"

I need some direction if anyone is willing

I would like to start a business providing small organic bath baskets to high end hotels. Many high end hotels have a menu of baths which they provide their guests. I am in the hotel spa business and have seen a need for good products in this niche although I have no specific customer leads yet. I've already spent a lot of time testing and sampling the products and looking at packaging ideas and putting together a catalog but I am S T U C K as far as the next step.

My question is do I invest the money in supplies first and make the baskets or start looking for accounts first? It's so confusing! Which one comes first? Products? Clients??

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Help I'm stuck!
May 02nd 2011
RE: Help I'm stuck!
May 22nd 2011

MikeTLMon May-02-11 10:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Help I'm stuck!"
In response to Reply # 0

You can't get clients without a product. Your prospective clients will want to see, feel and smell your product. So you should buy samples of your product first and then go get the clients.

You might also want to consider what other products / services you will offer and offering samples of those as well. Once you become licensed or whatever the requirements are for your state, then you can start attending conventions and trade shows and pushing your product there. It takes money to make money and you will probably have to invest quite a bit before you get your first client.

If you feel passionate about your product then go for it. Research loans and grants, find potential investors, do whatever it takes to launch your business.

bossagainSun May-22-11 08:22 PM

#2. "RE: Help I'm stuck!"
In response to Reply # 0

You should start to build up clients firstly. For expanding your business, you should diversify yourself and then automatically you can work on your products.

Small Business StartUp

Lobby Startup Stew topic #2224 Previous topic | Next topic