Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #2104

Subject: "Need Help With Possible Unique Marketing Program" Previous topic | Next topic
canuck1Tue Apr-27-10 05:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need Help With Possible Unique Marketing Program"
Tue Apr-27-10 05:40 AM by canuck1

canuck1

After years of working with my existing greeting card product line I have found that it is successful as a wholesale product to the retail trade, but, "I am missing the boat" on the one on one sales directly to the consumer. My state-of-the-art Frameable Metal Greeting cards are revolutionizing a 200 year old industry, welcomed by the retail trade and well promoted by manufacturers representatives. This is a product that no one has worldwide.
I am considering a marketing plan that has never before been offered to the consumer... for every greeting card they buy they will receive, FREE of charge, one share of my greeting card sales company. Additionally, for each card sale that they generate from referrals they would receive a 1/5 share . Initial projections indicate that when the full stock subscription is complete, the company would be worth a minimum of approximately 2.5 million dollars.
I'd love to hear comments on this enterprise before I conduct a beta test!
Thank you for your time.
Ken

P.S. I new to this forum and not sure if I am permitted to post my URL...so I won't

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

PaulSat Jun-05-10 02:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need Help With Possible Unique Marketing Program"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

I?d be very interested in hearing more about your plans. I am very familiar with taking small companies ?public?. While it is regulated you do not need to fear the process. It can often be done for much less than expected.

My network consists of SEC attorney, SEC authorized auditor and the other aspects needed such as market makers. I?ve personally taken two small companies public and have been part of the process for several others. We specialize in small public companies.

If this is your intention please contact me BEFORE you commit to a ?wall street? type firm, if only for a bit of free advice and guidance.

You do have to be a little careful about the ?shares with a purchase? idea. It is not unusual to issue shares or options for performance; that is shares as compensation for selling your goods. However, it does require certain accounting for those securities as an expense. You can outsmart yourself and end up with a tremendous ?paper? expense resulting in a huge ?paper? loss.

Also, don?t be fooled by the ?worth? of the company by virtue of the stock issued. That is the market cap(italization), not the actual book value. That market cap of course is calculated by the actual trading share price. So you would have to be trading before you could claim that.

Let me know if I can help, your company sounds interesting.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Startup Stew topic #2104 Previous topic | Next topic