Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1923

Subject: "neddsing help" Previous topic | Next topic
kelacThu Oct-15-09 08:02 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"neddsing help"

i am venturing in opening a beauty supply business. I have some things in place, dba checking acct. etc. I am now trying to put together a business plan for the banks. My problem is i cannot get any information that i need from the various manufacturers,distibutors of the very product lines i wish to sell.I need informatiom from them as i have to incorporate the prices and such in business plan. Can someone give me some insight!!!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: neddsing help
Oct 17th 2009
RE: needing help
Oct 19th 2009
Oct 20th 2009
Oct 20th 2009
Oct 20th 2009
RE: neddsing help
Feb 27th 2010

annalaurabrownSat Oct-17-09 02:42 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: neddsing help"
In response to Reply # 0

Well the only insight I can give you is that you may have to buy a couple of the products from these suppliers first before you will have their attention. Are they willing to sell to you? If not, how are you even going to make this work?

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

kelacMon Oct-19-09 03:47 AM

#2. "RE: needing help"
In response to Reply # 1

they are not giving up anything.I have repeatedly contacted some of these manufacturers. They have redirected me to local distributors in my area, however, they only distribute to salons not retail stores.I am getting the sense that if i offer a service, say, a salon along with a supply store i may get a little further.That really was not something i wanted to get into.

annalaurabrownTue Oct-20-09 01:28 AM

#3. "RE: needing help"
In response to Reply # 2

well then you probably need to find a different business because from my experience as well, many of these suppliers do only sell to salons or licensed hair stylists.

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

hostingdivaTue Oct-20-09 07:17 AM

#4. "RE: needing help"
In response to Reply # 2

If the distributors only sell to salons and you don't plan on offering a salon, you can't buy and resell the products. Companies know how they want to distribute their products and you can't get around that just because you want to sell their products. Can you look to other product lines?

Maybe you could consider going the organic route? There are many small businesses that make organic skin care products and they are always looking for people to sell their items in different areas. Have you considered contacting some of these companies? They tend to be smaller and much easier to deal with than larger corporations.

Best of luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

kelacTue Oct-20-09 10:48 AM

#5. "RE: needing help"
In response to Reply # 4

Thank You all for your suggestions you have been a great help. I am glad that i found this site !!! I will continue to work on it and always open for suggestion. Thanks again!!
Kelly

Wealth24Sat Feb-27-10 10:19 AM

#6. "RE: neddsing help"
In response to Reply # 0

Vilmarie Budde

A business plan is not where you put your price on that you ut on a financial spread sheet.
Business plan you put your mission statement etc and your best bet is find a sample business plan and follow it

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1923 Previous topic | Next topic