Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1586

Subject: "help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
shanshanThu May-07-09 05:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hi i am a 21yr old female who wants nothing more than to start her own business. Unfortunatly my dream is turning into a nightmare. I want to open up a convience store drive thru. Ive found the perfect location I just dont know where to start. I have no money so i need funding, but no one wants to give a 21yr old that much money especially if its not creating that many jobs...or would they? I dont know how to start a business plan. I am lost!!! What should I do first!!!!! please help me before I give up.....again lol

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 24th 2009
Apr 25th 2009
Apr 28th 2009
Feb 27th 2010

paul10507Fri Apr-24-09 03:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#2. "RE: help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Funding for anything is very difficult for anything right now, especially for a new business and especially for an un-established and inexperienced 21 year old (no offense, it's just the way it is).

If you are interested in owning a convenience store look for one that is for sale. You may get some financing from the seller. Buying an established business is always easier to finance since it has a track record. The seller may stay on to train you, you may inherit a good staff, a good distributer relationship and an existing customer base. Your chance for success is much greater.

Paul

SmarterToBarterSat Apr-25-09 06:39 AM

#3. "RE: help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

My advice is to start with a business plan. Developing a good plan is key to you selling your idea. There are plenty of books on creating business plans. Check into SCORE, they sometimes can be helpful and they are free. I started several start-ups, the funding always comes when you have a solid profitable plan. I might sound a little harsh but age is not the reason your don't have the funding, its just an excuse. I understand what it takes to start your first business at your age. If you are close to giving up at this point you may not be ready to launch a start-up. Raising the money for the business will not be the biggest challenge you will face.

annalaurabrownTue Apr-28-09 02:41 AM

#4. "RE: help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 3

The other replies are great and I would also suggest considering starting another smaller business first that is less complicated and requires less income. Once you have succeeded with that one, it will be easier to start a convenience store. Also have you actually worked at a convenience store? I say this not to offend you but the reality is that if you have never even worked at one, then how will you know how to own one?

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

Wealth24Sat Feb-27-10 10:38 AM

#5. "RE: help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

Vilmarie Budde

Go onto your computer and get a sample business plan or buy a book with sample business plans and that will help you.With finance that is going to be difficult especially with the economy

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1586 Previous topic | Next topic