Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #1450

Subject: "Start up and would like input" Previous topic | Next topic
brandonIsonFri Aug-08-08 07:07 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Start up and would like input"

Hi my names Brandon, Im 19. Live in Florida, Im currently living not 15 miles outside the capital city, I have recently ran into 3 place in Florida that have areas in which kids can come and play on the computer, accessing sites like myspace,facebook, and ect. playing games like World of warcraft, Doom, Fear, and so. I have asked people in the surrounding area and they like the idea, im just having trouble funding it. Any advice on how to, or where to look?

Thanks for you time,
Brandon

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Start up and would like input
Aug 09th 2008
RE: Start up and would like input
Aug 30th 2008

bizdevSat Aug-09-08 11:22 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Start up and would like input"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Aug-09-08 11:25 AM by bizdev

Brandon, what you need to do to secure funding is to first write your business plan. Nobody likes to hear that, but the fact of the matter is that no matter what type of funding you apply for, the first thing that will be requested is your business plan (look at my site below for help with that).

You will need to do a lot of research, besides asking your friends if they think it's a cool idea. Since you already know of a few competitors, you can write your competition segment from what you've learned about the competition. How will your place differ? How will yours be better?

You will need to research the cost of the equipment and everything else that will go into your store front (signs, furniture, office equipment, utilities, payroll, advertising, permits, taxes, etc..).

As you can see from the little bit of info I gave you here, you have a lot of work ahead of you before you can approach anyone for funding. Check out my start up kit below for lots more detail and funding sources.

Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz
Startup & Biz Plan Help
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz/blog

FinallyAWinnerSat Aug-30-08 09:01 AM

#2. "RE: Start up and would like input"
In response to Reply # 0

Funding a startup is always a tough issue especially if you don't have a track record. Assuming you do not have a wealthy and opened minded relative you might want to check out the Small Business Association. Again, you would need a business plan for them.

I might also suggest you check out the link on my signature. If you have any questions, just let me know....

How I Bought a Brand New $1.2 Million Dollar Dream Home on Two Rolling Acres Using ONLY Affiliate Commissions Earned While I Was Unemployed
http://SearchPeopleWorld.com/tissa.htm

Lobby Startup Stew topic #1450 Previous topic | Next topic