Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Comfort Food topic #31

Subject: ""Driving customers to website"" Previous topic | Next topic
CyberHostThu May-11-17 03:13 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
""Driving customers to website""
Thu Aug-17-06 12:33 PM by CyberHost

The following message was posted by Nicole on 8/4/2006:

"As with any new business, looking to keep the costs down for marketing and advertising. Does anyone have ideas for free sites/places on which to advertise/market? I have a apparel company with tank tops, tshirts, swimwear, snowboard apparel. My target market is anywhere from teens to 20-somethings and even into the 30's.
Thanks,
Nicole"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This message was posted before we switched to the new Cyberschmooz format. You can read any responses to the original post at https://www.businessownersideacafe.com/cgi-bin/maincs/dcboard.cgi?forum=ComfortFood&az=list&database=archive

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: "Driving customers to website"
Aug 11th 2006
Aug 18th 2006
Aug 21st 2006
Aug 21st 2006
Aug 25th 2006
May 11th 2017
May 11th 2017

ElleBlueFri Aug-11-06 05:51 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: "Driving customers to website""
In response to Reply # 0

I don't know of any free sites, besides sites such as "my space". But I am having postcards made of my fashion line. I will be putting my postcards in record stores and clubs. The postcard will have my website. My website isn't finished yet, but the postcard idea is one avenue I feel I can take. Also, if you go into a store that you think may be interested in your garments, pass them a business card, inviting them to visit your site. You'll find a lot of customers that way.

Roseb441702Fri Aug-18-06 11:10 PM

#2. "RE: "Driving customers to website""
In response to Reply # 0

>The following message was posted by Nicole on 8/4/2006:
>
>"As with any new business, looking to keep the costs down
>for marketing and advertising. Does anyone have ideas for free
>sites/places on which to advertise/market? I have a apparel
>company with tank tops, tshirts, swimwear, snowboard apparel.
>My target market is anywhere from teens to 20-somethings and
>even into the 30's.
>Thanks,
>Nicole"
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are still many sites that offer free webhosting. All you have to do is use one of the more popular search engines to find them. People are using these free sites to sell all sorts of things and that is why that although having your own domain name and site are things that are often and highly recommended a lot of people use free sites - at least to get started.

You can also use the search engines to find free places to advertise but there are some bad points here as well that you should consider. Basically speaking since these advertising sites are free that means that a lot of people advertise on them and when you place your ad and then someone comes along to place their ad, your ad will get bumped down the line - so that means that (if they let you) you will have to keep placing your ad so that it is on high of the list as possible.

Basically speaking are you saying that you want to be able to sell your products via your webpage? Do you have pictures of your products on your website? How are you going to take payments?

The basic theory is that potential customers will go to your webpage, see what you have to offer and then buy your products. So the first thing to do is to make your page "sell" as much as possible. The next thing is getting potential customers to your website - which means optimizing your website - which means you want your website to appear as high on the list as possible when people are searching for products relating to yours. Know who your competition is.

You have already identified your target market now you should go to where your target market "hangs" out. There is a certain "art" to doing this kind of thing because you don't want to turn people off to the point of them ignoring you or worse reporting you as spam. There are websites and other places where you can announce your new website - use a search engine to find those.

And you don't want to overlook your offline market as well. When starting any business it is a good idea to have a business plan regardless of how much money you have to work with. A business plan can be a simple piece of blank paper that you can add to as your business grows. Do you have a business identity? Do you have a catalog or any type of literature about your business that you can post both online and off? You can even do the "time-tested" methods such as simply making a flyer (make sure its a "selling" flyer) and just pass/post it around.

There must have been a reason why you chose this particular kind of business and you use that to make your business better and make it grow. For instance why should potential buyers buy your particular products? The answer you give to that will be the basis of your marketing and advertising campaign and it is going to be a campaign because remember you are just starting and you have to get your name out there and let people know that you are open and ready for business.

Rose
Grant Basics 101
http://grantbasics101.bravehost.com/grants.htm

iwsMon Aug-21-06 07:13 AM

#3. "RE: "Driving customers to website""
In response to Reply # 0

When I was setting up my blog, I came across this information that lists 10 free sites to advertise online. I have used them and get traffic from them as well. Follow this link to see more information.

http://www.advertisesmallbusiness.com/free-online-ads/

Ocha

http://www.potpourriemporium.com
http://www.infoesource.com
Blog:
http://www.potpourriemporium.blogspot.com

ProfilerMon Aug-21-06 09:40 AM

#4. "RE: "Driving customers to website""
In response to Reply # 0

Consider creating a profile for yourself on Idea Cafe. This will get you some free publicity on our very popular website, viewed by thousands of unique users every day!

Profiler
"Become an Idea Cafe Superstar

NancyFri Aug-25-06 01:46 PM

#5. "RE: "Driving customers to website""
In response to Reply # 0

You can get free business cards. The price you pay is to have the printing company's name or logo on your card, usually on the back.

Since you sell tank tops and t-shirts, how about imprinting your website URL on some of them? Anyone in your company, family, close friends can all be walking advertisements for your business.

You can also get bumper stickers imprinted with your URL very inexpensively.

Put your URL on imprinted pens which are really cheap, and include a couple of them with every order. Pens are great because they're also likely to be passed around from person to person. You can easily end up reaching each potential customer for under a penny.

Nancy

Cheap Advertising Ideas
http://www.CreateYourMarket.com

EThu May-11-17 03:13 PM

"RE: "Driving customers to website""

Hello Nicole.
Just in case you're still looking for replies to your original questing about "Driving customers to website." you may want to check out one of the most recent "Today's Biz Celebrities" that is providing what you are looking to do or anyone who would want to join free to advertise, market and promote their business online!

The little blurb said:
"Sherri Minkler Morning Sunshine, LLC, Salem, OR, took "networking" to the ultimate level through her women's business web site. Read how this ambitious and hard- working entrepreneur has put it all together - and don't miss the part about zookeeping!" (One the front page 9/10/06 https://www.businessownersideacafe.com/
http://www.WomenWhoNetwork.com

E
TAOES R
The Art Of Extraordinary Success

kertisThu May-11-17 03:13 PM

#6. "RE: "Driving customers to website""
In response to Reply # 0

Nicole, I have a way for you to advertise your site to 1000s a day offline doing what you probably do every single day for a small $40 one time fee... If interested, just drop me a line at kertis@sbcglobal.net and I'll send you a link with details

>The following message was posted by Nicole on 8/4/2006:
>
>"As with any new business, looking to keep the costs down
>for marketing and advertising. Does anyone have ideas for free
>sites/places on which to advertise/market? I have a apparel
>company with tank tops, tshirts, swimwear, snowboard apparel.
>My target market is anywhere from teens to 20-somethings and
>even into the 30's.
>Thanks,
>Nicole"
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>This message was posted before we switched to the new
>Cyberschmooz format. You can read any responses to the
>original post at
>https://www.businessownersideacafe.com/cgi-bin/maincs/dcboard.cgi?forum=ComfortFood&az=list&database=archive

Kertis Johnson

Lobby Comfort Food topic #31 Previous topic | Next topic