How to get official forms you can use
• Most can be downloaded from IRS site.
When you use the IRS site search, it really helps to know the number of the form you want to find. Input that number in the search box at http://www.irs.gov
• If you want the pdf version
of a printed form or publication, you must select the search drop down option for “Forms & Publications” before you hit “GO”
• If you want the html web pages version
leave the default option within “Entire Site” -- html pages can be a nice alternative to the jam-packed pdfs, but does give you quite a few pages to click through.
• Fax your request to 703-368-9694
from the handset on a fax machine. Follow the directions at the prompts and your items will be immediately faxed to you.
• Forms and Publications By U.S. Mail
Phone 1-800-829-3676 to order forms and publications through the mail or this online interface to have forms mailed to you.
Online request for mailed forms
• Pick forms up at your IRS office
Find your local office
• Or -- you can save yourself the trouble -- and just have your accountant prepare your forms for you!