Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Startup Stew topic #2159

Subject: "antique mall start up questions" Previous topic | Next topic
thecrew74Tue Nov-02-10 08:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"antique mall start up questions"

Hello

We are looking at re-opening an antique mall in our area that is closing its doors at the end of December and would like to get some start up information. Hope some of the members here can give good sound advice.

We have never ran our own business, therefore we dont know if there is some sort of way we can keep track of the daily,weekly, monthly sales, revenue & cost? How do you do it, what software would you suggest? Would Quickbook's be acceptable for this or should we just hire an accountant?

Also, this mall is in a very good location but the advertisement is not that great. Currently the owner is in way over his head due to not having any business sense. I ahve enough to know that spending money where it shouldn't be spent is a waste. the current owner is paying for a sign the size of my thumb lol ak a little bigger but not by much. Anyhow, that is costing him out the wazooo, I don't want to keep the sign due to its size and the location of it. Can't be seen until you get right up on it. Anyhow, I am up for any suggestions for advertisements, I was thinking some auto signs, advertisement on the craigslist cause it is free, advertisement on websites that advertise vacation spots,maybe even advertisement on some local area websites and some small highway signs before approaching the business, btw we live in a tourist area and the business is directly off the highway.Fantastic spot Any other suggestions?

Our main concern is running the business as a business hsould be ran, the current owner couldn't keep himself from digging into the cash drawer for a bite to eat or to have daily cash on hand. We want to be able to run the mall with a professional approach. I have racked my brain trying to come up with a way to stay on top of the business its self but since i have never had to keep books and so forth I simply dont know where to start.

Hope someone here can give good sound advice

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Startup Stew topic #2159 Previous topic | Next topic