Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Tips & Tricks topic #23

Subject: "Cashing that bounced cheque..." Previous topic | Next topic
PepperfireThu Oct-12-06 06:20 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Cashing that bounced cheque..."

I don't know if this will work in the US given your banking rules are slightly different, but it works very well here in Canada.

I had a deadbeat customer who finally gave in and wrote us a series of three cheques on his personal account to pay his company account. The first cashed as it should have, but the second bounced. Unfortunately, by that time, his phone numbers had been changed and we could no longer get in touch with this man.

Rather than bang my head against the wall, we took the bounced cheque and the uncashed one and set them aside. From that day forward, I took a minute every morning and called his bank to see if he had enough cash to cover the cheques.

Finally one morning, about a month later, he did. He must have thought I'd given up on cashing his cheques by then.

We jumped into the car, ran over to his branch and immediately certified both cheques. To his surprise and wonder.

I can't imagine how surprised he was when he discovered that the money had been removed from his account.

I guess the tip and trick... if you have a cheque you think won't clear, call the branch and get it certified before you get into the car and drive over. That or, if you're the deadbeat, when you change your phone numbers, close and change your bank account.

I hope someone finds that useful.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

1of3Tue Oct-31-06 09:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Cashing that bounced cheque..."
In response to Reply # 0

That was cute, and just in time for Halloween.

I have had that problem before and used the same method to cash the bad check. I have not run into it lately so I don?t know if it will still work here in the good ole USA. Maybe someone else has had a similar issue and is willing to post their results.

Toby

**ONLY LOSERS PAY FOR LEADS** Discover how average people with no marketing backgrounds are getting prospects to pay them....NEVER PAY FOR TRAFFIC AGAIN!!!
http://trogers12.payitforward4profits.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Tips & Tricks topic #23 Previous topic | Next topic