Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Tech Talk topic #122

Subject: "Anyone have a good hosting recommendation?" Previous topic | Next topic
saltedWed Oct-22-08 04:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Anyone have a good hosting recommendation?"

We were with a particular hosting company for a while and have always recommended them to our customers as well. Recently, though, their customer service has been lacking in efficiency. I was wondering if anyone has a good hosting recommendation for me. My main criteria is that their support staff knows what they're talking about. I have come in contact with too many hosting companies that are not able to help me troubleshoot issues.

I've been looking at hostgator, hostmonster, and bluehost, but would be open to any other suggestions.

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Anyone have a good hosting recommendation?
Dec 15th 2008
RE: Anyone have a good hosting recommendation?
Jan 02nd 2009

rollossonMon Dec-15-08 03:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Anyone have a good hosting recommendation?"
In response to Reply # 0

I own a computer company in Dallas and we are partial to a hosting company called Network Solutions. The are by far, the easiest and most reliable, for the money. I suggest at least checking them out before you choose anyone else.

If you have any more questions you can contact me at Matt@Rollosson.com.

Matthew Jaramillo
Security Analyst
Rollosson

dogatemycomputeFri Jan-02-09 07:20 AM

#2. "RE: Anyone have a good hosting recommendation?"
In response to Reply # 0

>I've been looking at hostgator, hostmonster, and bluehost, but
>would be open to any other suggestions.

I use GoDaddy. They offer quite a bit for the money. I have some domains that I only paid $1 for with the normal rate being like $10 per domain. After that it is about $4/month for the web hosting, free email with a great web interface and great support. I also like Rackspace.com.

In all honesty you should interview a couple of web developers and get some references. A good developer can help you choose a hosting company, choose a couple of domains, help with branding and design a reasonable good informational site for a few hundred dollars. If you have a good PC Tech (which every business should have) then s/he should be able to help you find a qualified web developer. If you skimp and try doing it yourself then you will get poor results.

For example.. I own a consulting firm that provides PC support for home users and we also offer a range of business services. My business is dual branded with DogAteMyComputer PC Repair for the consumer stuff and DAMC Consulting for the business stuff. If you visit www.dogatemycomputer.com (which appears on the consumer marketing material) then you are forwarded to www.damcconsulting.com which also hosts the business brand.

Lobby Tech Talk topic #122 Previous topic | Next topic