Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Tech Talk topic #105

Subject: "Please help me in choosing web hosting" Previous topic | Next topic
0xyGenThu Jul-03-08 09:48 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Please help me in choosing web hosting"

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting
Jul 04th 2008
Jul 21st 2008
Jul 08th 2008
Jul 09th 2008
Jul 09th 2008
Oct 08th 2013
Oct 21st 2013
May 26th 2015

annalaurabrownFri Jul-04-08 10:21 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting"
In response to Reply # 0

godaddy.com is pretty reasonable as well.

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

davebirchallMon Jul-21-08 11:21 PM

#5. "RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting"
In response to Reply # 1

I have heard that go daddy are good too but personally I find them a bit tricky to deal with.

I use www.cheekydomains.com and have been largely incident free.

Depends what's important to you. Good luck.

Get you free business systems healthcheck at...

www.davebirchall.com

juliarusso11Tue Jul-08-08 09:42 AM

#2. "RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting"
In response to Reply # 0

You could check out one of the web hosts that I have relied on. They charge $24.95 for the first website and only $5 for each one after that. That is big with me since I have several small businesses that need low hosting costs but all the benefits of a big site. And it helps to be familiar with the cpanel and admins(saves time learning each hosting company's procedures).

http://www.Host4Profit.com/cgi-bin/home.cgi?116600

Julia

http://www.StorkandVeil.com
Celebrating life's greatest events

kosheralWed Jul-09-08 04:04 AM

#3. "RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting"
In response to Reply # 0

Is this website for busines or home use?

Matt Simmons
Nuvox communications
913-747-7109

tettegoucheWed Jul-09-08 12:08 PM

#4. "RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting"
In response to Reply # 0

Check the "Tips and Tricks" section of this forum. There are two articles on choosing hosting and getting your site started.

The short answer to your queries: No, they cannot offer unlimited hosting bandwidth or disk space. They simply make this claim knowing that most people are lucky to use a fraction of what they purchase in a shared hosting plan. If you read their terms of service, they may disclose this so that you cannot hold it against them if they cancel your service if you actually do exceed an "acceptable" amount of bandwidth and disk space. Try to find a hosting plan that will actually give you what they say they will give you.

Many people are confused about how much bandwidth and disk space they actually need. What type of website will you be running and how much traffic do you expect to have for the first year? Most small businesses are lucky to use 1GB of bandwidth and 3GB of disk space/month. Don't pay for what you will not be using (or evening in some cases what you won't be getting). If you know you will be needing a very large amount of bandwidth and disk space, I recommend that you look into Virtual Private Servers (VPS) or Dedicated Servers.

let me know if I can help answer any other questions,

www.HostRail.com

www.DylanDesignLab.com

ErnieTue Oct-08-13 03:03 AM

#6. "RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting"
In response to Reply # 0
Tue Oct-08-13 03:26 AM by Ernie

I have no idea about that site which you specified.Because yet I didn't use it.There are plenty of Web Hosting companies available in online.You need to choose the best one.It is hard to find it.I would suggest some points to select best web hosting provider
1.Search in Google or Yahoo for web hosting search.
2.Select five providers among them.
3.Compare those providers with each other.
4.Read reviews about them and customer rating of the companies.
5.Find out the company existence.
6.Consider their SEO services,plans,features and price.
Using these points you can select the best one. I would recommend the site http://www.thewebpole.com/hosting/web-hosting.aspx?ci=1783&prog_id=456994 here you can get web hosting service at low price.I have been using their services for the past one year yet I didn't get any issue related to my hosting.I am happy and also satisfied with my service provider.

partyprod201Mon Oct-21-13 06:08 AM

#7. "RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting"
In response to Reply # 0

hostgator is good also

www.mypartyproduction.com
las vegas party planner

AWMMTue May-26-15 06:09 PM

#8. "RE: Please help me in choosing web hosting"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi friend! My name is Tommy, and I'm a web developer. I would never recommend godaddy or any of the absurdly cheap sites. They are cheap for a reason. I personally use HostGator which has three different options for business websites. My plan runs around $30, but I have never run out of space (truly unlimited), their customer service is outstanding, and they include a multitude of safe guards to keep your site free of malicious nonsense, and make it easy to track stats. If you have any questions, please feel free to email at my email, brfire1980@live.com

It all boils down to what type of site you are building that determines your host. I've used HostGator for over 3 years now and honestly cannot think of a single bad thing to say about them. I won't lie, there's a bit of a learning curve with the cpanel, but I would be happy to help you through that if needed.

Everyone I have turned to HostGator loves them. I think it would be your best bet! They also feature monthly payment instead of having to pay for a year or more in advance.

Here's the link- http://www.hostgator.com/shared

Again, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions! I'm here to help as much as I can!

Tommy

Lobby Tech Talk topic #105 Previous topic | Next topic