Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby The Daily Grind topic #135

Subject: "Outsourcing" Previous topic | Next topic
rublakenThu Feb-28-08 06:57 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Outsourcing"

I had someone contact me from Africa wanting to know if I would outsource to them ad soe of the prceeds goes to an shelter in Africa. I don't know what outsourcing is. Can any on tell me.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Outsourcing
Feb 28th 2008
Feb 29th 2008
Oct 27th 2010

babyjoy214Thu Feb-28-08 09:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Outsourcing"
In response to Reply # 0

offshore outsourcing

DEFINITION - Offshore outsourcing, a type of business process outsourcing (BPO), is the exporting of IT-related work from the United States and other developed countries to areas of the world where there is both political stability and lower labor costs or tax savings. Outsourcing is an arrangement in which one company provides services for another company that could also be or usually have been provided in-house. Offshore simply means "any country other than your own."

-
SearchCIO.com Definition

searched it for you.. hope it helps!!

Goodluck!!

-Joy

PepperfireFri Feb-29-08 06:11 AM

#2. "RE: Outsourcing"
In response to Reply # 0

Obviously, outsourcing is simply giving work that you would hire out to another company specifically to this company. The first thing you need to decide is whether or not this company is capable of doing the work that you need done.

We "outsource" our farming, rather than purchase our chillies from the local vegetable exchange. The reason we do this is so that we get a stable price, stable supply and better control over what is sprayed on our fruit. In return our farmers get a guaranteed market and thus are willing to work harder at ensuring we get quality produce. We also know that our dollars are working much harder by going directly to the farmer rather than going through brokers. You will have different reasons for outsourcing, but a popular one will be for lower cost.

Of course, there is the problem of outsourcing in that it is very difficult to know whether or not the guy on the other side of the phone or email is legitimate or a scammer. And honestly, there are a lot more of those than there are legitimates contacting you. Dealing with companies in other countries, especially poor countries can be very tricky. So... how can you be sure they are legitimate? Go through the embassy of that country. If they are legitimate, they will have no problem working with both you and the embassy, it will be better for their business. If they are illegitimate, they'll run screaming.

If you want to outsource for altruistic reasons, I say go for it, but ensure that you're doing good things for both your business and theirs. Cutting off your nose to spite your face is never good business.

T

>I had someone contact me from Africa wanting to know if I
>would outsource to them ad soe of the prceeds goes to an
>shelter in Africa. I don't know what outsourcing is. Can any
>on tell me.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

nelson81moWed Oct-27-10 07:46 PM

#3. "RE: Outsourcing"
In response to Reply # 0

To purchase something from them? I am not sure.

http://www.fashionhandbagsline.com
handbags manufacturer and exporter in China

Lobby The Daily Grind topic #135 Previous topic | Next topic