Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby BizNames topic #923

Subject: "Need help deciding on a business name (four options)" Previous topic | Next topic
bluemoon72Mon Aug-18-08 06:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need help deciding on a business name (four options)"

Hi! I have had two businesses for the past three years, voice-over work and proofreading for publishers. I realized I could take those skills and bring them together in a service for writers, speakers, coaches and entrepreneurs. So, I'm starting a new business as a virtual assistant. In addition, I'm taking author assistant training online and have built a website called TheAuthorAssistant.com.

My dilemma is, I'm not sure I want to solely focus on authors. I also very much enjoy (and am good at) putting together presentations (both PowerPoint and DVD types), desktop publishing, business identity design, etc. All the creative stuff that helps start and run businesses.

So, I've reserved four other domain names, and I'm trying to decide which one to develop. I will use my www.TheAuthorAssistant.com as an offshoot of this new main site that I want to build.

My four choices are (in alphabetical order):

CreativeBusinessAssistance.com
CreativeVirtualSupport.com
VirtualSupportSolution.com
VocationInspiration.com

I would like it if my domain name pretty clearly gave the idea of what I do. Any thoughts from all of you smart and creative folks out there?

Thanks!

Jennifer Nagel

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

hostingdivaTue Aug-19-08 12:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need help deciding on a business name (four options)"
In response to Reply # 0

I vote for the short one just because it gives people less opportunity to misspell your name

But, I don't think I like the word inspiration in there because you're not really doing anything to inspire --- just providing support. So, what about VocationSupport? VirtualSupportSolution is also a good one.

Then you should add a tag line to clarify what you're doing.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby BizNames topic #923 Previous topic | Next topic