Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby BizNames topic #565

Subject: "gift basket biz name" Previous topic | Next topic
LoriDianeSun Sep-09-07 01:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"gift basket biz name"

I had a gift basket biz about 10 years ago...word of mouth, friends and family only. I feel called to start it up again and am struggling with choosing the right name. Friends think the word 'basket' needs to be in the name and web address to indicate what my business is all about for searching purposes. The group concensus is for "Heaven In A Gift Basket" with www.heaveninagiftbasket.com as the potential website. Is the name too long?

Ideas: halo with the name for logo, include angel ornament/magnet in each basket, use "Every good and perfect gift is from above" James 1:17 on business cards, etc.

Your honest opinions are appreciated!

Gratefully,
Lori

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: gift basket biz name
Sep 10th 2007
RE: gift basket biz name
Sep 12th 2007

GalaGalMon Sep-10-07 09:16 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: gift basket biz name"
In response to Reply # 0

I do think the name is a bit long. I personally prefer short names. But trying to find an available unique domain names is challenging.

basketofheaven.com and
basketsofheaven.com
are available.

Also, who is your target market? Are they receptive to the "heavenly" concept? Are you marketing just to women or also to men? If you are marketing to businesses, for them to purchase them as gifts for their clients, you might want to broaden your appeal with a diffent name like:

Basket/s of Bounty
(basketsofbounty.com and basketofbounty.com-both available)

Or think about what your clients want in a gift basket? Do they want a little slice of heaven? Do they want versatility and options? Do they want to be able to customize it themselves? Think about what benefit your customer is looking for and choose a name that speaks to them on that level.

*GG*

hostingdivaWed Sep-12-07 03:51 PM

#2. "RE: gift basket biz name"
In response to Reply # 0

I agree with GalaGal - that name is too long. Also, I don't necessarily think it really sends the right message because, as GalaGal said, you want the baskets to appeal to a wide variety of people. And while you yourself may be religious, businesses don't necessarily want to push that on their clients (some do though).

I would venture on the conservative and stick to something simple like lorisgiftbaskets.com - although that name is taken. You could consider yourcitynamegiftbaskets.com.

Good luck! I know finding domain names can be quite challenging.

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Lobby BizNames topic #565 Previous topic | Next topic