Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby BizNames topic #153

Subject: "Need name for a newer restaurant concept - foodies unite!" Previous topic | Next topic
Gertee3Sun Nov-19-06 03:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need name for a newer restaurant concept - foodies unite!"

Hi Everyone -

Thank you for checking out my post. I need your help brainstorming for a new restaurant concept that we are planning to open in the near future.

We are opening a high end dessert patissere. What this means is that we will be open during the hours of 7AM - 5PM early week, and later part of the week we will be open 7AM - Midnight. Our goal is to have a regular crowd in the morning who will stop by and pick up a pastry and coffee/espresso/etc, offer a few light offerings for lunch, gelato, hope to have the mid afternoon "I need caffine" bunch, and then focus on our high end dessert menu, in the evenings, along with local beers on tap, ports, and wines. We will offer dessert/wine pairings and other unique ideas. We will cater, offer gift baskets, coporate logo chocolates and so much more. The decor is very modern/contemporary/clean/sleek look. It will be light enough during the day but intimate for the evening hours.

With this being said we need a really great name. I am looking for a name that sums up everything we do. I want it to be sassy, sexy, maybe a little risque. But the name needs to be obvious enough so people know what we do. We will focus on buying local as much as possible, organic ingredients/offerings, and fair trade coffee. We will be located downtown, near our capitol (across the street)

Names already been there/done that:

Finale
Room 4 Dessert
Dessert First
Sugar
Brulee'
Sin Dessert Lounge
All Tarted Up
Just Desserts
Dessert Island

Anything with Sweet in the title I do not like, I'm looking for something more original.

Does anyone know french? Desservir Premier - Dessert First, however people will most likely not know that that means. Indulge? I've heard that before but I'm not sure if anyone has used it. I'm coming up blank. Please help me!

Gertee

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Need name for a newer restaurant concept - foodies unite!
Nov 20th 2006
Mar 14th 2007
Mar 16th 2007
Mar 23rd 2007

lauren2566Mon Nov-20-06 05:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need name for a newer restaurant concept - foodies unite!"
In response to Reply # 0

I like your simple names...Brulee is cool. Why not take that idea and fool around? "Soufflee Cafe" or Linzer Lounge" or "Brulee Cafe"...or just "Marzipan" or "Fondant" or "Patisserie" or "Gingersnap and Java" ...just mental barfing here...
good luck,
L

happyslobWed Mar-14-07 08:53 AM

#2. "RE: Need name for a newer restaurant concept - foodies unite!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hey Gertee,

So cool! Love love LOVE the concept a whole lot. I'm going to keep working on this one, but here's a few to start with:

- OrganiCo (this just stuck in my head for some reason)
- The Sweetest Encore
- Sultry Nibbles
- Cream & Cocoa
- Exquisite Encore
- Delica Desserts
- Chocolate Dipped
- Chocolatte Cafe - Like this one! Or just ChocoLatte - combines both the chocolate and coffee interests in one.
- AfterBites

Hope this helps, and if not, got your creative juices churning a little bit more! If you do happen to choose one of those names, please thank me by buying my book:
The Happy Slob's Guide to Housecleaning
http://www.happyslob.com

Or, if you'd like me to work on this on a more serious basis, email me at christina@happyslob.com and I'll work on something for you.

Take care,
Christina

jrrchrFri Mar-16-07 04:22 PM

#3. "RE: Need name for a newer restaurant concept - foodies unite!"
In response to Reply # 0

The D-spot

lisasgourmetFri Mar-23-07 02:23 AM

#4. "RE: Need name for a newer restaurant concept - foodies unite!"
In response to Reply # 0

Gertee:

Congrats! Where are you located? I am doing something similar to your shop, but with a twist (see website) here in central Illinois.

Is there one product that you would be serving that you could work into the name of your cafe? There's something to be said for making yourself stand out from the crowd.

Are there any other type of places like this in your area?

Good Luck!

http://www.allthingscheesecake.com

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with cheesecake!

Lobby BizNames topic #153 Previous topic | Next topic