Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby BizNames topic #1430

Subject: "business name" Previous topic | Next topic
myaTue Jul-06-10 04:35 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"business name"
Tue Jul-06-10 04:43 AM by mya

Hello!
I have been making bath and body products for my family and friends for years and they seem to really like the items that I make. I have been giving my products to my friends for gifts and now they want to buy items from me to give to their friends and family. So I though I would start an online business and sell to the general public also. But I have not been able to come up with a business name that set my business apart from the other, thousand companies out there. HELP!!!!! I need a business name for a bath & Body product company for my online website that I will be setting up as soon as I get a name. Thanks in advance.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

spiceoflife1Thu Sep-30-10 11:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: business name"
In response to Reply # 0

I don't have a name for you-obviously there are tons of "bath and body" lines, and you are already setting yourself out from the packs. So, I'll offer a couple of ideas on how you might come up with a name...

1) Let the people that already know you "name the biz" by having a contest among your friends and family that already use your products. Make a special gift bag of your products for the winner, and give it a couple of months (with occasional gentle email reminders for entries).

a) Do a facebook/myspace/bebo contest the same way... Promotion is promotion.

b) Narrow the list down to specific favorites and then have a final "vote" from everyone who is "playing along"

The winner gets a nice gift set, you get a nice name you are hopefully happy with (and if you don't, the contest didn't run long enough!) and a tax write off (please check with your CPA-I am not a tax person!)...

2) Consider stepping outside of the B&B immediate line of thought and consider the "first part"-perhaps there is something special about your location or some favorite florals or such that you might like to include (we have Blue Dolphin Soaps down here-cool name!) I've also seen such names as "Belles Place" named after a dog on a goat farm (they used goats milk in their product lines) and Sweet Grass Farms (sounds clean, doesn't it?) What is special, something that might identify you or resonate with you, that makes you think of your products?

Finally, don't over analyse it. Be happy with the choice because you have to live with it. If you feel ho-hum about it, you're going to want to change it in the future, and if you spend any time branding using this ho-hummer, it can be costly changing it...

Just my 2 cents... Good luck!

Connie and David Spicer, Artists/Entrepreneurs

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby BizNames topic #1430 Previous topic | Next topic