Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby BizNames topic #1308

Subject: "Gift Basket Biz Name" Previous topic | Next topic
midwestgalTue Dec-15-09 11:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Gift Basket Biz Name"

After years of creating gift baskets for my family and friends for birthdays, holidays, and special occasions, I've decided to try my hand at doing it professionally. I'm sure the fact that I was laid off 15 months ago and have been unable to find another job has a lot to do with that decision, but it's something that's always been in the back of my mind. Perhaps it is fate that, in this economy, I'm finding myself forced to try to contribute to the household income in some other way than working for someone else.

I am drawing a blank as to what to name my new venture. I originally began creating gift baskets because I was unable to find exactly what I wanted in any other way. Gift baskets for older children and teens, for instance, or gift baskets for friends going through tough times like cancer treatment or the loss of a loved one.

One of my favorite words is "serendipity" and I thought that might be incorporated into the name somehow. I am open to any suggestions any other brilliant small biz owners out there might have.

Thanks!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Gift Basket Biz Name
Dec 17th 2009
Dec 17th 2009
Dec 18th 2009

hostingdivaThu Dec-17-09 06:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Gift Basket Biz Name"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi!

I think it's great that you're going to try this venture!

What about using the name serendipitybaskets.com? The domain is currently owned by someone else but there is no website up. You could probably contact the person and ask if you can buy the name. Here is the ownership information:
AMY JAEGER
123 S High School
COLUMBUS, KS 66725
serendipitybaskets@yahoo.com
620-429-2025

If not, here are some other possibilities:
giftsofserendipity.com
uniqueserendipity.com
giftstowishes.com
giftbasketstoorder.com - but, you would need to get the name with one o and two o's

You could also just go with the standards:
your name giftbakets.com
giftbasketsby your name.com

and then add a tag line that uses the word serendipity.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

midwestgalThu Dec-17-09 06:58 AM

#2. "RE: Gift Basket Biz Name"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks so much for your suggestions! After I posted my initial questions, I did some research online and discovered there is a business called Serendipity Baskets, so that kind of took the wind out of my sails in regards to using that name. But I've been brainstorming some other possibilities. I live in a little adorable cottage, so I was thinking of Little Cottage Baskets or some variation of that.

Thanks for the suggestions! Glad I found this site and the forum. It looks like a great place to network.

hostingdivaFri Dec-18-09 06:21 AM

#3. "RE: Gift Basket Biz Name"
In response to Reply # 2

Ah - don't get discouraged! That's just the way it goes with domain names

LittleCottageBaskets.com is a great name and is available.

You can certainly learn a lot here.

Best of luck!
~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Lobby BizNames topic #1308 Previous topic | Next topic