Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby BizNames topic #117

Subject: "New name for my meal planner/organizer" Previous topic | Next topic
peters_momSat Oct-21-06 08:59 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New name for my meal planner/organizer"

Hello,
I'm brand new to this forum and I can already see what a blessing it will be to me. Thanks in advance for your help.

I invented a meal planner/organizer called 10 Minute Menu about 2.5 years ago. I am now looking to redesign my product and start fresh. I've had troubles getting traffic to my website because a meal planner/organizer is not typically something people go looking for. But once they get it, they LOVE it!

Do you have any suggestions for a better name? The product consists of a Menu Calendar which goes on your refrigerator and the customer then places little "meal cards" with velcro backing, onto the calendar on the day they would like to eat that meal. Each "meal card" has the grocery list for that particular meal on the back.

I really feel like I have a fabulous product and could change the lives of so many families, if I could just figure out how to market it better. Sorry...I digress. Thanks for any help you may have to offer.

Kathleen

Kathleen
www.10MinuteMenu.com
"Know what's for dinner every night."

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: New name for my meal planner/organizer
Oct 22nd 2006
Oct 22nd 2006
Oct 22nd 2006

John CSun Oct-22-06 03:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: New name for my meal planner/organizer"
In response to Reply # 0

You should never use a number in a product name. Numbers are hard to remember. Here's some catchy and clever names. Good luck.

Meal Genie
Dinner Dates
Square Meals
Lunch Dates
Meal Tickets
Date-a-Meal
Meal Savors
Hot Dates
Peace Meals
Date & Dine
Meal Maker
Delicious Dates

http://onlyonemark.com
"there's ONLY ONE great name"

peters_momSun Oct-22-06 05:58 AM

#2. "RE: New name for my meal planner/organizer"
In response to Reply # 1

Wow! Such creative ideas! Thank you. You are amazing! Dinner Dates and Peace Meals are my favorites.

I was wondering...how do you make any money if you give your name ideas away?

Kathleen
www.10MinuteMenu.com
"Know what's for dinner every night."

John CSun Oct-22-06 08:51 AM

#3. "RE: New name for my meal planner/organizer"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun Oct-22-06 09:01 AM by John C

Thanks for the compliment. How do I make money? That's easy. I can "sell" them to someone else. I haven't given away anything! This is why:

Most business persons are very picky and reject many of the names. That's a shame because they're only hurting their chances. They foolishly have to "love" the name. Many times they "love" a name that won't be remembered. For instance, just yesterday I was researching names at the Boston Public Library. I can across a name somebody must have loved. It was a tree service company. The name? 'A'Tree Service. The yellow page ad showed a woman saying "I need a tree service!"

It doesn't work that way. Just because customers use that expression doesn't mean they will remember the name. They are foolish. Most people are going to say, "What was the name of that tree service?" That's because that company DOESN'T HAVE A NAME. That's a description, not a name.

I can sell another company those names. A warning: before you reject those names, ask yourself, would I feel good if my competition USED THEM? Because YOUR COMPETITION will be using them!

Please e-mail me if you use a name and I will not release it ever again. Promise.

I also checked Dinner Dates and Peace Meals at the Trademark Office site. I don't see any conflict. Good luck.

John C.

Lobby BizNames topic #117 Previous topic | Next topic