Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby BizNames topic #1072

Subject: "Seeking Name" Previous topic | Next topic
HippieMamaSun Feb-08-09 02:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Seeking Name"

I am in the start up process for my new business. My business really focuses on natural health and living. I am having a problem deciding on the name.

My business will have more than one location. We will have our main retail location and will also sell at a local farmer's market.

Some of the items being sold include:
veggies, fruits, herbs, worm castings, worms, worm houses

The main retail location will also have a cafe selling coffees, fresh breads, deserts, etc.

At the main location will be a pick your own patch for the berries.

Classes in organic gardening, baking, etc is a planned addition for the business beginning in May.

Eventually I will also offer soy candles and maybe soaps. Both of these product lines are currently in development.

Once the new building is completed my existing yoga studio will be located on the main property.

Your suggestions are appreciated!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Seeking Name
Feb 13th 2009
Feb 15th 2009
Feb 15th 2009
Feb 16th 2009

HippieMamaFri Feb-13-09 09:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Seeking Name"
In response to Reply # 0

I am still searching for a name. Thanks for your suggestions.

hostingdivaSun Feb-15-09 09:13 AM

#2. "RE: Seeking Name"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi!

You've given us a lot of information about what you want to do and your business plans but you didn't give us information about words you like or phrases you would like to us. Can you give us a head start on words or ideas you would like to use?

You could always use something with your name - e.g., bobbiesorganics.com or bobsorganicliving.com. I checked and organiclivingthings.com is available but I don't really like this name. Some of the other names: everythingorganicliving.com and everytingorganicforliving.com.

Hope these help

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

HippieMamaSun Feb-15-09 11:17 AM

#3. "RE: Seeking Name"
In response to Reply # 2
Sun Feb-15-09 11:20 AM by HippieMama

Thanks for your response.

My existing yoga studio is called Inner Peace Studios. This is the business that will eventually move to the same property of my new business once the building for it is complete. The buildings will house the yoga studio, cafe and classroom space.

I am hoping to have a name that will go well with natural living principles that my business will promote. Use of the natural is preferred to organic because I don't have the official "organic" label yet. My marketing material will say naturally grown or something similar.

hostingdivaMon Feb-16-09 03:43 AM

#4. "RE: Seeking Name"
In response to Reply # 3

What about something like Inner Peace Natural Living? That would stay concistent with the Inner Peace you already have and incorporate both natural and living (since you're providing life solutions). I would recommend you get a domain name - there would be a comple of issues with getting this domain name (1) it's kind of long and (2) you will need to get both innerpeacenaturalliving.com and innerpeacenaturaliving.com (2 L's vs. 1 -- need both because I'm sure people will misspell and you don't want to loose traffic).

But, I think the fact that you would have a consistent theme would overcome the two issues and getting two domains isn't really that expensive (about $20 for the year).

The other thing you could do is go with something like Inner Peace as the business name and then get a domain name that's innerpeasefl.com (or flinnerpeace.com or innerpeaceoffl.co,) or whatever your state happens to be - that way, you're still sticking with a consistent name and keeping the domain name short.

Hope this helps

~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

Lobby BizNames topic #1072 Previous topic | Next topic