Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby BizNames topic #1004

Subject: "Please HELP-Virtual Assistant Service-Name, Tagline, Logo Reco's" Previous topic | Next topic
suzelaWed Oct-08-08 03:09 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Please HELP-Virtual Assistant Service-Name, Tagline, Logo Reco's"
Wed Oct-08-08 03:33 AM by suzela

Hi, I started looking for some work as a VA under the
name suz-E-ssist because I thought it was cute and original (and I still do, it incorporates my name and biz)--but wasn't working.

I have changed that and been working and looking for work using the new name, Anchor Virtual Assistance, mostly identifying myself online as Anchor VA, with the tagline, "Support is On-Board with Anchor VA". Looking for feedback on
1. Biz name--is it good? If so, should i be Anchor Va or spell it all out? I like how Anchor VA sounds, but does it sound like I'm from virginia using VA? should i be anchor vs for virtual support?
2. Tagline. Do I have the right idea? I prefer On-board but should it be on-deck or online support solution? the latter sounds blah but I don't know. How about Virtual Support Haven or Admin support if I use the word Virtual in my title already? that kind of does it for me, what do you think, haven=harbor, anchor? keep the maritime theme or is it too much...? Support is on deck with the Anchor? Help! It's driving me bonkers.
3. Logo ideas. How to finalize my presence since I'm about to create a logo with tagline. (Yes, I've been using an Anchor clipart image--I think it's from the Mother Goose book!) How do i signify virtual anchor which I think is what I'm trying to say?

Lots of co. name, tagline, logo ideas but spinning my wheels. thx.
Anchors Aweigh!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Please HELP-Virtual Assistant Service-Name, Tagline, Logo Reco's
Oct 08th 2008
RE: Please HELP-Virtual Assistant Service-Name, Tagline, Logo Reco's
Oct 09th 2008

nightskyWed Oct-08-08 07:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Please HELP-Virtual Assistant Service-Name, Tagline, Logo Reco's"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Oct-08-08 07:45 PM by nightsky

Hi there...

I don't have answers or ideas about all of your questions, but here are some things that I was thinking.

1) I like the word "Anchor" in the title.

2) Maybe "VS" instead of "VA" for the very reason that you mentioned... it brings Virginia to mind.

3)I was told by my marketing guys that you don't always need a tagline... and if it isn't really good, it is better to do without. Now, my guys are awesome, but I like having a tagline. And, one nice thing about taglines is they can be changed. I am always changing my taglines... depending on where I am marketing. Whether that's good or bad... I don't know, but it works for me. But, I would not use the name twice in the name and tagline. For example... you mentioned the following...

Anchor VA
Support is on-board with Anchor VA

-maybe something like this would work...

Anchor VS
On-Board for you

The second one is shorter and says basically the same thing. But, if you really want a tagline... play around with different ideas.

4)I personally don't like the word "Haven"in your name. But, that is just me.

5) Logo ideas. Sit down with someone that specializes in logos. I don't know who you are targeting as clients, but your name, logo and marketing materials (brochures, cards, web site etc.) say so much about you and your company.

Back in the day, I did my own logo and marketing materials. A couple years after starting the business, I had a marketing company do my logo and materials. I couldn't believe the difference in clients that i now get. I used to get a lot of lower to middle income clients. That isn't a problem, but my product is the best there is and I was targeting the high-end consumer. With the marketing company's designs... that is about all that I do business with now. Now, my product has to be what they are hoping for... which it does... so it all works.

If you are going after white trash like me... then the Mother Goose anchor would probably work. But, if you are going after a higher-end client... get it professionally designed, along with your other marketing materials.

OK... take it for what it is worth but I thought that I would add in my nickels worth.

Good luck!

Jeff S.
Night Sky Murals
Award Winning Murals

See us on the FINE LIVING network's show "I Want That"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUhRFIL2A38

(Note: For the stars to show up for the camera a black
light was used. This pretty much destroys the effect of the
mural... but allows you to get a good idea. When the mural is
viewed in a dark room.... it is like being out in the country
looking into a country night sky)

www.NightSkyMurals.com (Product)
www.DarkSkyMurals.biz (Business Opportunity)

Featured in...

* The Robb Report's "Luxury Homes" magazine -
* Angies List
* in Affluent
* HGTV's show - "I Want That"

suzelaThu Oct-09-08 03:58 PM

#2. "RE: Please HELP-Virtual Assistant Service-Name, Tagline, Logo Reco's"
In response to Reply # 1

I am grateful for the reply, it's worth more than a nickel! VA is easier to say to me...but I am not in VA, Anchor VS it is. Either Anchor VS or Anchor VSS (Support Service?). Good idea to switch up and tailor a tagline. Onboard for you...Nice, I like using the word You. It may help if the tagline clarifies what Anchor does, but administrative is too long a word and just no good synonyms, wouldn't be catchy.

Anchor Virtual Support
"On-Board to Assist You"

The murals are cool, beautiful effect, consider offering out on the east coast?

Thanks again.

Lobby BizNames topic #1004 Previous topic | Next topic