Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby eCommerce topic #57

Subject: "drop shipping" Previous topic | Next topic
ourwovendreamThu Nov-09-06 10:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"drop shipping"

Hi everyone, I am new here. My question is...............
How does one find legitimate drop shippers to use. Does anyone here use them with success? This is a new area for me so would like to get some insite from actual ussers and any you would recommend.
Thanks (Diane)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: drop shipping
Nov 14th 2006
Nov 24th 2006
Dec 08th 2006
Dec 11th 2006

veteranTue Nov-14-06 03:00 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: drop shipping"
In response to Reply # 0

I've used drop shipping before in my eBay days, think just about everyone has those days.

Anyway Chris Malta's program at http://worldwidebrands.com is the #1 resource for drop shipping. They have thousands of suppliers in everything you can think of.

My recommendations are to get a basic ecommerce site created you can get a decent design starting at $250 with PayPal payment integration. It allows you to add as many products as you want.

What some do is once they are paid by the customer they then use their credit card and pay the drop shipper.

Good Luck,
Donnie

resellers_robFri Nov-24-06 07:55 AM

#2. "RE: drop shipping"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Nov-24-06 07:56 AM by resellers_rob

Hi Diane;

Our company has partnered with several drop-ship suppliers and
we offer an ecommerce solution with full product integration.
No need to copy and paste or download a suppliers product
details...it is pre-loaded!

The added bonus of our solution is that it is also eBay
integrated for multi-channel marketing!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish more
info, or the suppliers contact details.

Rob Siegmund
Resellers Solutions
www.resellers-solutions.com
rob@resellers-solutions.com

Peggy FairFri Dec-08-06 01:59 PM

#3. "RE: drop shipping"
In response to Reply # 0

Alot of them are scams, so it is good that you are aware that you do have to look for legitimate ones. I have thought about looking into a drop shipment arrangement with a company, but what has made me leary was the fact that I would have to give the drop shipper the name and address of my customer, and once I do that, what would stop the dropshipper from stealing my customers and marketing directly to them?

resellers_robMon Dec-11-06 04:46 AM

#4. "RE: drop shipping"
In response to Reply # 3

Good Morning;

This is a concern many people have and depending on the "type" of dropshipper you partner with, may have some validity.

However, there are a great deal of companies that offer a dropship program that do not market direct to consumers (wholesale only). I would recommend if this is a primary concern to focus on finding a Supplier that works within this type of structure.

Secondly, ensure that the dropship supplier offers "blind" dropshipping. This will reduce the possibilities of your customer learning who your supplier is, as no mention of them would be made on the packing slip, and no invoice would ever be sent.

You must be prepared to do the due-diligence to ensure whoever you decide to utilize as your supplier that they're working to help you and not work against your efforts. This may take no effort at all to find (depending on product vertical), or it could take weeks or months to find that "perfect" Supply Partner.

I have worked with a large variety of dropship suppliers in my 8 plus years, and for the most part, have found them to be very professional and above board. I do not dispute that there may be a few that would have no challenge stealing customers, but I would believe this to be a very small percentage. The vast majority understand that in the long term, having their resellers build a base of customers and they concentrate on fulfillment is far more effective and less expensive then trying to build a consumer-direct base of customers on their own.

I hope this helps you. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have more questions.

Rob Siegmund
Resellers Solutions
www.resellers-solutions.com
rob@resellers-solutions.com

Lobby eCommerce topic #57 Previous topic | Next topic