Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby eCommerce topic #44

Subject: "The web, does it do me any good?" Previous topic | Next topic
lesliepichardoMon Oct-16-06 11:52 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The web, does it do me any good?"

Hi,
I just started a Children Identification Services business, and we have launched a website (still pending some minor modifications) Now, does this tool really do any good for my kind of service? You think that I wll be contacted through my website? How do I create traffic? Please check us out at http://www.firstidnj.com and advice, advice, advice....

All suggestions are accepted.

Thanks,

Leslie
www.firstidnj.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The web, does it do me any good?
Oct 29th 2006
Nov 07th 2006
Nov 14th 2006
Nov 14th 2006

StrategistSun Oct-29-06 09:40 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: The web, does it do me any good?"
In response to Reply # 0

Willie Crawford has a free web site evaluation class on Saturdays. Well worth it!

You can generate pre-qualified traffic by writing articles and putting them on article banks and article directories.

Maria Marsala

Let me help you substantially grow your financial advisory business or nonprofit with P.E.P. Increase productivity, efficiency, and profit.

Learn more and get free tips at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

bizenezTue Nov-07-06 12:40 PM

#2. "RE: The web, does it do me any good?"
In response to Reply # 0

First of all you sound like you need the services of a professional website company. Alot of people say that you can build your own website and get great results. Anybody can build a website but not everybody can build a website that attracts customers and makes them want to use your service. Learning about web design takes alot of time to learn and also to build if you want it done right. And web design programs can be hard to learn, expensive and doesnt mean you will know anything about how to build the best kind of website.

Alot of people might disagree with what im saying, which is perfectly fine. But a true professional will know how to do the best job on your site. Would you hire a plumber to do surgery on you? Or would you hire a surgeon to do plumbing? Also another myth that you will hear is that website development is extremely expensive. I recently talked to a client who was surprised to get a quote from me for a website alot cheaper than the competition.

My company is legally registered to provide web services in NY State. Also we provide fast and honest service along with a legal contract to protect you and provide peace of mind.

I will look over your site, tell you whats wrong, fix it, help you with affordable and reliable hosting and guarantee you a quality job that you can look over before having to pay for it.

You can contact us at contactbizenez@bizenez.com
And dont be afraid to send us a message asking any question you may have. Even if you don't pay for any of our services we will offer answers to your questions free of charge. You can see our portfolio at www.bizenez.com

veteranTue Nov-14-06 03:10 PM

#3. "RE: The web, does it do me any good?"
In response to Reply # 0

I would take a little bit of money and get a better site created more professional.

A website is well worth it, but content is key. Don't just go about it buy selling a product. Invest some time in it by creating content. Add a free wordpress.org blog to your site and a free phpbb forum to your site.

Constantly add content make the site worth visiting.

Submit your site to the following at a minimum:

Google
Yahoo
MSN
dmoz.org
Yahoo Directory
Also create a Google XML sitemap and submit to Google by doing a search for Google XML sitemap and create an account.

Create the sitemap by doing a search for Google XML Sitemap generator

Exchange links, Exchange Links, Exchange Links, Google dominates the search engines and is a link popularity type of search engine, granted if your business was a niche you would be at the top. Only exchange links with relevant website such as maybe Kids Toy sites, police type sites for child safety, etc....

Enough for now, Good Luck.

Thanks,
Donnie Keith
http://www.veteranwebdesign.com
Veteran Continuing to Serve

veteranTue Nov-14-06 03:10 PM

#4. "RE: The web, does it do me any good?"
In response to Reply # 0

I would take a little bit of money and get a better site created more professional.

A website is well worth it, but content is key. Don't just go about it buy selling a product. Invest some time in it by creating content. Add a free wordpress.org blog to your site and a free phpbb forum to your site.

Constantly add content make the site worth visiting.

Submit your site to the following at a minimum:

Google
Yahoo
MSN
dmoz.org
Yahoo Directory
Also create a Google XML sitemap and submit to Google by doing a search for Google XML sitemap and create an account.

Create the sitemap by doing a search for Google XML Sitemap generator

Exchange links, Exchange Links, Exchange Links, Google dominates the search engines and is a link popularity type of search engine, granted if your business was a niche you would be at the top. Only exchange links with relevant website such as maybe Kids Toy sites, police type sites for child safety, etc....

Enough for now, Good Luck.

Thanks,
Donnie Keith
http://www.veteranwebdesign.com
Veteran Continuing to Serve

Lobby eCommerce topic #44 Previous topic | Next topic