Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby eCommerce topic #371

Subject: "How to get an affiliate site up and running to start generating commissions?" Previous topic | Next topic
AuntDeeDeeSun Sep-28-08 04:30 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How to get an affiliate site up and running to start generating commissions?"

I have collected appropriate links/sites that have an affiliate program that pay commissions and have bought the URLs I want to use for my affiliate "store."

Would love some 1, 2, 3 steps as to how to best go about making my site to put these collection of sites I want to throw out there.

I've found a place to pay $150 for an online "webinar" on how to do this, but looking for resource(s) to do this w/out paying if possible.
This is the program... anyone familiar with it:
http://www.morevisibility.com/webinars/affiliate-marketing-101-basics-and-more.html?utm_source=webinar+-+revenuetoday&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Webinar&utm_campaign=Corporate+-+Sept+2008
If so, was it worth the $$?

Some places require using services like Commission Junction and such while others offer a program directly from their company.

Would like to hear about any success stories out there... how you started your site... tips of do's and don'ts for someone like me just getting started, tips for working with those sites like CJ, etc.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Wendy L. Perry
Outdoor Living Consultant
www.LivingInsideOut.net
"It's IN to be OUT!"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: How to get an affiliate site up and running to start generating commissions?
Oct 04th 2008
RE: How to get an affiliate site up and running to start generating commissions?
Oct 05th 2008
Oct 06th 2008

tettegoucheSat Oct-04-08 10:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: How to get an affiliate site up and running to start generating commissions?"
In response to Reply # 0

Trying to be a do-it-all business owner is never a good idea. Knowing your strengths and weaknesses can mean success over failure. Pay a professional to build your website for you and spend your time in wiser ways, improving your business in ways you know how, making money doing what you do best. People go to school and spend many many years learning how to design successful websites and learn all the code behind them. Don't expect that you are going to be able to compete with their expertise by going to a seminar. Get the professionals on your side, otherwise they are just going to be designing websites for your competition.

Best,

www.HostRail.com

www.DylanDesignLab.com

AuntDeeDeeSun Oct-05-08 02:24 AM

#2. "RE: How to get an affiliate site up and running to start generating commissions?"
In response to Reply # 1

I appreciate your time (and sales pitch) but what I'm looking for in my question is to hear from folks who have successfully put together an AFFILIATE site and their tips on those kinds of sites. I have created several active websites for my businesses and have done so quite successfully... they generate inquiries and business for me on a daily basis. I have that base covered. That was not my question or what I need advice on... so if there are any folks out there currently running a site(s) generating commissions via affiliate site click-throughs, I'd love to hear from you!

Wendy L. Perry
Outdoor Living Consultant
www.LivingInsideOut.net
"It's IN to be OUT!"

bizdevMon Oct-06-08 02:38 AM

#3. "RE: How to get an affiliate site up and running to start generating commissions?"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Oct-06-08 02:38 AM by bizdev

I currently run a website where I generate affiliate sales income. My original intent with this site was to provide folks bonafide, useable information on how to start their own businesses. I created my own products and as an afterthought, threw in affiliates.

My first big sale (within a couple of weeks of starting the site) was an affiliate sale. This particular affiliate has remained my biggest income producer. It pays the highest commissions of any affiliate I have seen. I use several, including a few from Commission Junction (cj.com) which also generate commissions, but for the most part, those commissions are rather small.

If you go to my website, particularly the Internet Business Info page, http://www.smallbusinessstartup.biz/internet/ you will see the affiliate I am talking about. I started to promote them heavily through my blog too http://smallbusinessstartup.biz/blog/.

Interestingly, this affiliate (SiteSell)offers a really great website builder very reasonably priced. Check it out. It's a win win all the way around. You can build a highly optimized website through them and then promote them as an affiliate to generate great commissions.

Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz

Lobby eCommerce topic #371 Previous topic | Next topic