Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby eCommerce topic #349

Subject: "free web site submissions" Previous topic | Next topic
theshoppingbeeMon Jun-30-08 09:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"free web site submissions"

My website www.personalshoppingbee.com has been operational for a month now and I am looking for some do it yourself submission sites any suggestions? Also I realize that SEO could take months any suggestion on how to make my site friendlier to the crawlers?
Thanks!

Marsha Gill
www.personalshoppingbee.com
Let Us Shop For You!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: free web site submissions
Jul 08th 2008
Jul 11th 2008
Jul 09th 2008
Jul 11th 2008
Aug 07th 2008
Oct 20th 2008
Nov 12th 2008
Nov 12th 2008
Nov 12th 2008

juliarusso11Tue Jul-08-08 10:13 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 0

Okay, you have done the tough part already--making the move to opening a business online. Now it gets to be more tough parts (sorry) beginning with optimizing your site. You have no keywords! What exactly is the service about? I went to three pages trying to understand what you do. Sometimes more words only make people click away.
How about spending more time on your site before stepping up to getting traffic that won't be impressed enough to make any action. You have 8 seconds--really--to wow them and get their interest. Time is not something a visitor will give without reward.
Why not try something visual such as a step by step demonstration of how your service works. The visitor will want to know WIIFM--what's in it for me? Have a video spokesperson!
But your question was about site submissions. Really, just do a Google search for "website submission" and you will get dozens. Don't pay anyone to do it and you don't have to submit more than once. You can if you want but your time is better spent on other tactics.
And figure out what keywords it would take to get people to look for you.
Hope this helps,
Julia

http://www.StorkandVeil.com
Celebrating life's greatest events

theshoppingbeeFri Jul-11-08 01:59 AM

#3. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks. I've gone in a reworked my content a bit,adding a few keywords here and there. Hopefully now you're able to tell that we're a shopping service. I even looked into the video spokesperson. So we'll see.
Thank for your help!

Marsha Gill
Let Us Shop For You!

DanLaBateWed Jul-09-08 02:11 AM

#2. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 0

Submission to search engines is a little over rated, all you need to do is just go to google, Yahoo, and MSN and submit your domain and you will be fine, those websites feed many smaller search engines and you only have to submit your top level page. I also recommend you to submit to local or regional directories like Yahoo local, Google local, yellowpages.com etc.

You website seems to have a good amount of content for search engines to index, the design is nice looking so your users will be happy so your OK on that front.

Where you are going wrong is with Core SEO principles. Page titles, navigation, sitemap and your page naming conventions as well as the use of tables(this was ok in 1997 but not today).

What I don't get is it seems that the site is actually a WordPress Blog theme, using the latest WordPress release, so I don't understand the use of tables.

I would recommend that you consult with an SEO or knowledgeable developer, if you like we are available and are reasonably priced. All of your problems are able to be solved, the tables on the other hand will need a re-design or re-code of the site, and it may be more cost effective to use a free WordPress theme that has updated code.

If you don't understand feel free to call me and I will explain.

--

Thanks,
Dan La Bate
Creative Director & SEM - Engines of Creation.com
http://enginesofcreation.com

Phone: 518.842.3242
Fax: 866.643.4125
dan@enginesofcreation.com

theshoppingbeeFri Jul-11-08 02:06 AM

#4. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the info and I've submitted to google,yahoo,and any other free submission that I can find.
I am going to have to work with what I have can't afford to revamp anything right now. I'll keep you in mind...if and when I do...

Marsha Gill
Let Us Shop For You!

kkrie616Thu Aug-07-08 10:35 PM

#5. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 4

If your site does not have good Search Engine Optimization than submitting your site to Google will really not help. Your site has a good start and look but you really need to spend some time optimizing.

Start by making a keyword list; in other words when your customers are searching for your services what will they type in? Who are your competitors? Do a Google search using your keyword list, who comes on top? Why are they on top? The text or copy in your site must contain these keywords, and this is only the beginning of the process. Keyword positioning, placement, targeted keywords, bolded keywords, H1 tags, alt tags, css layouts are all a factor. SEO is not always easy and should be re-visited at least every three months.

Kevin
Business Xposure
www.businessxposure.com

lovecruisingMon Oct-20-08 03:17 PM

#6. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 0

Try squidoo.com, backpage.com and craigslist to start. Good luck!

Sondra
Time For Vacation Travel
Check out my blog at: http://lovecruising.blogspot.com

Robert PlatvoetWed Nov-12-08 10:08 AM

#7. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 6

My company Dydacomp Development Corp (http://www.dydacomp.com) the developers of the leading order management solution on the market Mail Order Manager & SiteLINK has now released a new subscription option. This now will allow smaller startup company to purchase the Mail Order Manager & SiteLINK system at an affordable cost.

The reason for the new option is to allow smaller startup companies to get started with the system at an earlier stage in there development allowing them to grow with the system at hand. Before most company when deciding they needed M.O.M. would have to retrain the staff to use the new software. Now they do not have to.

If you are interested in seeing a online demonstration of the software and how your business would benefit, my contact information is below.

Thank you,

Robert Platvoet
Account Representative
Dydacomp Development Corp
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
T 1-800-858-3666 ext. 237
F 1-973-237-9043
robert.p@dydacomp.com
www.Dydacomp.com

Robert PlatvoetWed Nov-12-08 10:09 AM

#8. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed Nov-12-08 10:16 AM by Robert Platvoet

gg

Thank you,

Robert Platvoet
Account Representative
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
F 1-973-237-9043
robert.p@dydacomp.com
www.Dydacomp.com

Robert PlatvoetWed Nov-12-08 10:15 AM

#9. "RE: free web site submissions"
In response to Reply # 0

I think you might be a good fit. Our SiteLINK e-commerce solution comes with all of the bells and whisles. SEO, Google Analitics, Google Check out, Group Pricing, 24/7 Order Status and much more. Check us out at www.dydacomp.com

Thank you,

Robert Platvoet
Account Representative
11 D Commerce Way
Totowa, NJ 07512
F 1-973-237-9043
robert.p@dydacomp.com
www.Dydacomp.com

Lobby eCommerce topic #349 Previous topic | Next topic