Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby eCommerce topic #332

Subject: "Faith-Based?" Previous topic | Next topic
louietuneSat May-17-08 04:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Faith-Based?"

Do any of you have a faith-based business? Have you ran into any "discrimination" because of it yet? Or found you didn't quite fit into the "norm" of things? If so, I would LOVE to hear from you so we can swap strategies.

LeFerna
http://www.maryslambinc.com

Now available through Amazon.com - The Secret of Yahweh! - A novel for children that is mysteriously attracting adults! Do you know the secret yet

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Faith-Based?
May 18th 2008
RE: Faith-Based???
May 19th 2008
      RE: Faith-Based???
Jun 02nd 2008
           RE: Faith-Based??
Jun 02nd 2008
Jul 20th 2008
Jul 20th 2008

biministanSun May-18-08 01:21 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Faith-Based?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sun May-18-08 01:28 PM by biministan

We are are on a mission to show true Christianity in our salon. People can't get enough of what we do and they don't know what it is. Our tanning members drop in and don't even tan. They just get to see an example of a strong, Christian marriage, loving Christian friendship, subtle Christian education, until they figure out why we are different. We are the opposite of bible thumping.. we are more like Jesus' ministering, kind, gentle, loving.... We are always offering to "pray for you... or your sister or kids ...." If a member doesn't show up for a while, we call them and tell them we miss them. I always hear that their Grandmother passed away and am given an opportunity to speak about heaven and ask if she was a Christian. Doors open. I am always being asked where we go to church and am always inviting someone to come and join us on our pew. Our faithbased business is just that, built on FAITH. I had to trust that God would take care of us and He more than has. We work less days per week and hours per day than the last owner and make more money, go figure. Whatever you do, do it 100%. Don't be a kinda of Christian company. Be 100% committed so that you don't give the wrong immage. Be Blessed!

And He died for all so that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for the One who died for them and was raised.

louietuneMon May-19-08 11:12 AM

#2. "RE: Faith-Based???"
In response to Reply # 1

What a wonderful Testimony! I would love to hear more!

Anyone else have a testimony to share?

L

saltedMon Jun-02-08 09:45 AM

#3. "RE: Faith-Based???"
In response to Reply # 2

I too, would love to hear how others have ministered through their business. We are also a Christian company (it's my husband and myself). We had a heart for other Christian businesses and churches that need our services. Since our niche is small with almost all our customers being churches or small Christian businesses, we probably don't get as much business as our fellow designers, but we know that we are blessing others and getting blessed ourselves through our business. It's definitely been a time of trusting God to bring in the next client, but we are so glad for the place He has us in.

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

louietuneMon Jun-02-08 11:23 AM

#4. "RE: Faith-Based??"
In response to Reply # 3

Isn't it wonderful to know that at the end of the day, God has been first and formost on your agenda? I just love that. So much of the time we get busy in our jobs and in our lives and don't give God the amount of time we should, but with a faith-based business... you can have it all!

Right now I am getting the bias or even prejudice treatment one can get in what I do. So far I am using it to advance my business... and in my testimony... so it works out to the good.

God is ALWAYS in control!

It was SO nice to hear from you!

Lamb Hugs,

LeFerna
http://www.maryslambinc.com

hostingdivaSun Jul-20-08 06:37 AM

#5. "RE: Faith-Based?"
In response to Reply # 0

If you're looking for more faith based testimonials you may want to check out http://www.cwahm.com/messageboard/ - it's a site dedicated to Christian Work at Home Moms.

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

saltedSun Jul-20-08 02:00 PM

#6. "RE: Faith-Based?"
In response to Reply # 5

Thanks for posting that! I just signed up tonight

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

Lobby eCommerce topic #332 Previous topic | Next topic