Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby eCommerce topic #300

Subject: "Importing from China, what do i need to know ?" Previous topic | Next topic
BigIdeaWed Feb-20-08 03:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Importing from China, what do i need to know ?"

Hello cafe buddies,
i am importing an item from China to the Port in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. What do i need to know about the importing process? Any HELP is GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you. IRen

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Importing from China, what do i need to know ?
Mar 21st 2008
RE: Importing from China, what do i need to know ?
Mar 26th 2008

hostingdivaFri Mar-21-08 04:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Importing from China, what do i need to know ?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Mar-21-08 04:20 AM by hostingdiva

Hi IRen-

Make sure you check out the importer first. You should talk to their other clients to make sure they are reputable. Also, given all the scandals with imports from China, you may want to have the items inspected here in the US to make sure that you're getting good quality items.

Regarding the importing process - do you mean what certificates and stuff you need to get? There's actually a whole bunch of stuff you need to do but generally, the shipping company will take care of much of that for you (depending on who you use of course) so you'll want to ask them to see what they will and will not take care of for you.

You will also want to consult with the US Customs and Border Protection Office as they oversee importing goods into the US. Specifically, you will want to read their "Importing Goods into the United States" guide. Here is a link to the page: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/publications/trade/

Good luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

BigIdeaWed Mar-26-08 05:42 AM

#2. "RE: Importing from China, what do i need to know ?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions about Importing. I really appreciate all your help and the Importing link. I am forever greatful. Thank you again. Enjoy your day Irene

Lobby eCommerce topic #300 Previous topic | Next topic